Just As i Am...

5.05.2006

there was a time, when i was so broken hearted - love wasn't much, of a friend of mine....

phew. don't really know why i'm singing Aerosmith at 9am. but, such is life. anyway, i told "Cathy"Caroline that i would participate in the Photo of the Day thing with her. and here's the deal...

i used to be a big fan of Film. really wanted to stay along those lines. but, then Canon put out a Digital Rebel... and i haven't seen a roll of film since. Truth be told, i like digital. but there's nothing better than film. i love the feel, the grain, the .... mmmm. i can't even describe it. so, if you ever get a chance to work with film, and i mean develop it and all that good stuff - don't pass it up. it will change your life.

So lately, i have spent a sh'load of time in the "digital darkroom" and have decided - i don't want to do that anymore. So, for this POTD thing, i am going to post my pics as is. it's amazing what a camera can do if you have a little creativity...


{May 1st} my fridge. we're not health nuts by any means. so, look past the OJ, water, lactose free milk (that's for laken) diet dr. pepper, and soy yogurt. really focus on the the third shelf. the pizza. this was a diet spoiler for me.

{May 2nd} My required reading for the semester. I haven't been reading it all this time. and i had this paper to write for my final. so that meant.... yup! One book. One night. not really sure how i pulled it off, but i did. i'm sure it had something to do with being up until 5am though. it was good. Two thumbs up. fine holiday fun. see... and you thought i only read blogs...


{May 3rd} i've been sick. and it sucked. i really like this picture. mainly because the camera failed to focus on anything. but mostly because this is how i spent my day. lying on the couch. sick. and out of focus. hey, i lost three pounds though!!

{May 4th} that's right. laugh it up. i can't even make biscuits. i swear i tried really hard. my poor son. he's going to suffer from malnutrition. i tried to make these last night. and seriously, who can't make biscuits? open pop can (or in my case, have roommate open pop can because i'm a ninny and get FREAKED out when it pops), place on cookie sheet and in oven. and whalla! BURNT biscuits.

{May 5th} this one was taken really early this morning. this is laken's baby monitor. it has always been important to me for him to have his own room. granted, it's right across from mine, but i still believe in it. you'd think that since i'm single that i'd want him in bed with me. but heck no! that's what they make baby beds for. i'll shake my finger at you if i find out your child is co-sleeping with you. esp if you're married! big no-no. so laken and i will share my bed maybe once a month. maybe. and usually only for morning naps. so here is his monitor. it's amazing! it's really clear. doesn't pick up the neighbor's phone conversations or anything like that. BUT it's too good. it's enough to rattle me out of bed. and it lights up and all that good stuff. makes no sense. i mean, if the noise doesn't wake you up... why would the light??

We went to go see "Stick It" yesterday while playing hooky from work. then we were pumped to work out. (and work off the large popcorn, movie nachos, cokes, and jujubees) We ran out to the track and ran around it a few times. a mile. and that 20 minute jog took almost two hours and a hot shower to recover from. i felt like my esophogus was going to implode it hurt so bad. What can i say, we were inspired by little girls in leotards. So this morning, when laken was waking up and crying... i let him cry for about 10 minutes until i could muster up enough leg "oomph" to get out of bed. i'm so out of shape. you'd think i'd climbed Mt. Everest with the way i was limping into his room.

anyway, i'm off to barnes and noble to get me some coffee and read a nice book. do you think they'd find it weird if i brought in my blankie??

13 Comments:

At 8:08 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

i miss the thrill of taking a film in to get developed because you don't know how the pictures turned out, and i usually can't remember what all i had even taken pictures of!

 
At 8:56 AM , Blogger sarah said...

love the potd...
might have to give that a try one of these days.

I took photography in highschool and in college...love the excitement you get as your image starts appearing on the paper...not much better than seeing that.

 
At 9:00 AM , Blogger Greta Adams said...

i to don't believe in kids sleeping with you...that's a big no no in my book as well

i hate film just because usually i had all crappy ass pics..love my rebel..it kicks arse

 
At 9:34 AM , Blogger Jamie said...

i love me some Aerosmith for the record. :)

i love this photo of the day thing! i might have to jump on board...

i love the pics yo. :)

ace was on the radio this morning which means he was literally only 7 miles aways from me in the stuido. i thought of you the whole time he was on. turns out, he's pretty funny. oh, and he's supposed to be doing some kind of ads where he has no shirt on. just so you know. you have to come out so that we can stalk. :)

 
At 10:37 AM , Blogger Scott said...

Can i get a coke at your place or what???

I still use film from time to time.

Scott

 
At 11:30 AM , Blogger Valerie said...

Very cool pics!! I have always wanted to get more into Photography too..I figure after the wedding and things have calmed down!! Hope you found some good books at Barnes and Noble!!

 
At 11:54 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

okay im only going to post a comment because yes.....this stuff that happens isnt a joke,as well as most of you know..i mean the things that me and her go thru on a daily walk thru life is quit interesting and none the less..humurous!!! i can honestly say that there are people out there that "dont get it" why DOES this only happen to jessica and chriselda? i may need to post a blog as well but honestly that would confuss alot of people and then ya'll would really think we sit around in our boring lives and make this up shes the girl to be around if you ever need a boost of energy a quick pick me up if you will----who needs shots of liquor or a mocha lotta expresso shot of whatever in your daily life----walk a half mile in her day and you will be exhausted!!!!!!!! its been fun--later

 
At 12:53 PM , Blogger justem said...

I have always been very "anti" digital...but lately all the crazy peas are really forcing me to to give it a second chance!!! We might buy a drebel this summer...we'll see :)

 
At 2:07 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Love your potd's :) Enjoy your book!

 
At 2:25 PM , Blogger Michelle W. said...

1. you lay on the couch on lost 3 pounds? You need to be donated to medical research!

2. you worked out?! That's so... hard. I got tired just listening to that talk.

3. digital is ok, I like going in the darkroom. Very funny to spy on(I mean watching) people.

4. good bye Mary, bother you later... I haven't had coffee yet so I have no idea what I'm saying, it might be entertaining for you to hear, but it's definitely bad for my self-esteem.

Michelle out (to starbucks)

 
At 7:43 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I totallly agree with you about kids not sleeping in beds with their parents! Hope you feel better soon :)

 
At 9:40 PM , Blogger island jen said...

OMG...your cookig escapades crack me the eff up!

 
At 7:59 PM , Blogger Penny said...

I was a hard-core film junkie for the longest time...I even changed our guest bathroom into a darkroom in our other house. Until I actually tried digital, and I love it! I still miss film now and then. On my OLD manual camera. I wish there were digital cameras like those old film ones.

Oh, and you comment about wantin just one ounce of my creativity? What are you talkig about!? I LOVE the style of your pages, and I just can't seem to be able to accomplish that look. How about if we trade each other some creativity. ;)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home