Just As i Am...

1.31.2006

Since everyone is out of town... and i've got a physics test to avoid studying for... i thought i'd go ahead and complete Caroline's Tag. ugh... i'm not tagging everyone. We really have to start using protection with these damn things. Everyone's blog is getting hit up with this nasty infection!!!

1. First time you got kissed: oh geez. it was December 5th, 1990. and i only remember that because it was the same day that my mom found out she was pregnant with my brother. and right after my "boyfriend" kissed me... he kissed my friend Tiffany. i was confused. menage a trois is a hard thing for a fifth grader to grasp...

2. First time you drove a car: when i started driver's ed. i guess. i'm boring. and my parents were pretty straight laced. i remember sucking at it and my first day of in car lessons, i hit a dog! yup!

3. First time you scrapbooked: depends on what "scrappin' means. The first time i glued pictures down on paper was in kindergarten. then my senior year i did a small album. and then when i got married and went all Martha Stewart... i decided to pick up the actual hobby to complete a book about my trip to NYC in 2001. and now... this! (oh, the answer is the Spring of 2002, i think...)

4. First time you went on a date: this is sad because i've only been on a couple of REAL dates. but i was 19 and this guy Michael asked me out for "lunch." he picked me up, and surprised me with a picnic in the park. he brought chicken, salad and cheesecake and read to me. i was sooooo swept off my feet...

5. First time you fell in love: i always think i've fallen in love. but, i've only been TRULY in love once. and i don't care to talk about it again. and then i met my son... and i've been in love ever since. and that's all i need... if it never happens again for me with a man - he's all the man i'll need.

6. First time you cooked for someone: hmmmm. for a date? to be nice? or what? i cooked laken some eggs sunday morning. he had a horrible case of gas for the rest of the afternoon so... i guess it went down.

7. First time you got on a plane: I was 12. Where did you go? Were you scared? ummmm i went to Tulsa Oklahoma. i was flying buy myself. and now that i think of it, i always fly solo. with the exception of two flights i've always flown alone. so much for "come fly with me... let's fly let's fly away..."

8. First time you shaved your legs: omg! it was sometime when i was around 12. i used to have the hairiest (if that's a word) legs ever! and one time i was on the playground and one of the kids made fun of me because i was wearing a dress and pantyhose (damn parents) and my hair was all smooshed down... and he pointed and laughed and called me "Grizzly-elda" and i've been traumatized since. Not really! but i sat in the bathroom and did it with lotion, cause i didn't know any better, and my mom walked in and caught me. so i cut myself and then she gave me the "awwwww my little girl is growin' up speech" (this also happened when i got my monthly visitor for the very first time and actually thought i had pooped in my pants without knowing it. lmao. so gross and graphic. but she went to church that night and blurted out that i had "become a woman!" why do parents do this???)

9. First time you put on make up: i was in 8th grade. i was in christian school then so my mom only let me wear mascara so i didn't go to school lookin' like a little hooker. (that came later)

10. First time you moved out of your home: moved out? or got KICKED out? i was 18. it was on Thanksgiving Day. i got in a big fight with my mom and she said i should just leave since i did whatever the hell i wanted anyway. i didn't come back until last may. and now i'm out again.
i was independent for 8 years! TAKE TWO!!! (this time she didn't kick me out... but she did ask if she could keep laken.)

13 Comments:

At 7:41 PM , Blogger Scott said...

Fun post... I did not know that you were married... (I am assuming it is past tense).

Hope that the studying goes well.

Scott

 
At 8:02 PM , Blogger Christielli said...

Procrastinating for physics tests is a must I hate physics tests.

Very fun post... even the graphic parts made me laugh. ;)

 
At 9:26 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

lmao at your mom's comment.

 
At 5:39 AM , Blogger angieoh! said...

My mom always used to make those "hooker" makeup comments too. In fact, even as an adult she is convinced I wear too much make up.... moms, what can you do?

 
At 7:06 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

OH my gosh you hit a DOG!!! LOL sorry i can't help it. Poor doggy :(


Court

 
At 8:56 AM , Blogger mikster said...

The tagging is getting outta control...lol

Have fun with that studying stuff...I study everyday myself...although it's usually box scores.

 
At 9:55 AM , Blogger Leesa said...

hmmmmmmm. I have only been here a few times, but I would assume laken is a dog, not a hubbie.

Cute tag!

 
At 10:01 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow...so much info about you! I did not know that you were once married. Loved the rest of it too! Still waiting to see your blue/ochre layout entry!

 
At 2:01 PM , Blogger X said...

My mom pulled the hooker thing on me too, my dad did as well, but used the greek word so he could say it to me and no one would understand. It was because of make-up and me rolling my uniform skirt. LOL, everyone started to do it in grade 8 because at that point we were in high school for about a year and realised that we could be skanky, too. :) LOL, good times.

 
At 2:03 PM , Blogger Jocelyn said...

i adore you chriselda (ever since i learned how to type your name). i love that you remember the exact day of your first kiss. and that you hit that dog. that's cute. xoxo

 
At 2:10 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh gotta love moms! Announcing that you've "become a woman"! That KILLS me!

 
At 7:50 PM , Blogger Greta Adams said...

OH MY all I can think about is I have a girl and will I be like my MOTHER..*gasp* that is horrifying....you are to funny chick...

 
At 8:21 AM , Blogger Jill said...

hahah :P you think YOUR leg shavin story is bad? lemme tell u mine! my legs were so effin hairy that when i wore pantyhose OR leggings (at the age of 10!!!), my hair would STICK thru them! seriously! now thats just disgusting! i would seriuosly cry and beg my mom to let me shave my legs. she finally did but huffed and blowed about it the whole time. Moms! argh

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home