Just As i Am...

1.03.2006

gotta love the quickies!!!

i didn't realize until yesterday that i hadn't mentioned that i was going back to San Antonio on New Year's Day. A quick trip back "home" to get my college transcript from the University of Texas @ San Antonio. Before i proceed... NO they couldn't just mail it to me because it would've taken them forever. And i need it by the 9th. NO i couldn't get someone to pick it up for me and they could overnight it. NO! Plus i had a hold with UTSA because i was missing a transcript... ick, politics. 'Nuf of that! Just know that i HAD to go. (But i wasn't too terribly upset about it!)

First off, I live in Amarillo. A little podunk town in north Texas or "West Texas" as it's referred to. Even though i would consider El Paso to be more "west" than we are. Anyway, Brynne lives in Lubbock which is just 2 hours south of me.

Brynne and i met back in January-ish on the TC board on TwoPeas and i'm not sure why we started talking. But her life is rather interesting with her slew of men with their tongues wagging. After the thread started dying, brynne and i tried to keep it alive but pffffft. NADA! so, it no longer exists. Well, we kept talking through emails and then one day we exchanged phone numbers. We initially only talked every now and then. Then it became a "Thursday Thang." We scheduled our life around our thursday night conversations. Complete with brynne hiding in the bathroom on a date so she could talk to me for a second!!! Now we talk daily. Several times daily. And we'd never met. She's one of my good friends... and we've never met! So finally the day has come where i'll be driving through Lubbock and we decide to meet for lunch.

Funny story: (or maybe you had to be there) The waiter asks if everything is ok with our Fiesta Lime Chicken - which we both ordered - and i said i'd like more pico de gallo. He takes about 5 steps and brynne tells me i can have hers.

"Nevermind, I'll just eat hers!"
"Are you sure," says our waiter.
"Yes. It's cool, i'll just eat hers."
"wow, ok. You guys are easy."
"Well.... don't tell everybody!"
And brynne chokes on her Dr. Pepper... our waiter turns bright red. Then he starts stammering for god-only-knows what kind of response. "Well, i didn't mean... i mean, i don't know you two on that lev... er.... uhhhhh... Enjoy your meal!" Then we start cracking up!

It was nice to finally meet you. You're much prettier in person girlie!! And skinny too. Bitch! "You're not FAAAT!" See, and we thought we would have nothing to talk about.

Now, i'm off on the road again. And man, there are grass fires galore out there. I was afraid to toss my cigarette out the window for fear that i'd hear about a grass fire afterward and then my conscience would kill me. The first one i drove through created such a thick cloud of smoke that i could barely see the front of my car.

This one was right off the side of the road and created a big cloud of smoke as well. The fact that all the highway patrol cars and police were at the fires made it extremely easy to speed. So i shaved a few minutes (ok about 45) off of my trip into town!

As soon as i got there i headed to my heart. My kids. I miss them so much. Their parents made a really nice steak dinner. Then we went outside to play with silly string. They attacked me. Please don't ask me what's up with my hair. I won't know the answer... It was really good to see the kiddos. We opened presents and Laken BANKED on clothes, toys, and a gift card. And me?? WOOOOHOOO! I got the Best and the Worst of American Idol from the first four seasons. I can't wait to bust this out. I'm such an AI fanatic. Can't wait til this season starts!!!

These kids are so awesome. They hated that i left laken behind. but hey, 30 hour trip. 16 hours in a car. Nine month old baby?? No thanks!

The next day (which was just yesterday) i had to run around town to schools and pick up transcripts. I won't even start complaining about long lines, rude school staff, or lack of parking spaces. I won't go into detail that i cried because i miss San Antonio so much. But, that will mean about 7 days of crying now. I've just been waaaaaay to "not-busy" and things start running through my mind and crying just fits. bwahahaha! I did get to eat Thai Food and yummmmmy it was good.

me and bradley. we've been friends for about 6 years and now he's leaving me for Italy for four months. But he left his iTrip in my car so that kinda makes up for it. (i said kinda...)me and tina. we've been friends for about 5 years. good times. good times. she's crazy and i love her. Then i decided a trip to Scrapbook 911 was well in order. Here i am standing next to the new Basic Grey stand. and i'll give you one guess of the contents in the pink bag! I got Lucky, Fusion, and some other paper that i thought was cute. Around the Block. Never heard of 'em. but that's because the store here sucks ass. I would almost move back to San Antonio for this store!! And i was walking around thinking, "omg! i could so be an HOF-er if i could shop here more often."


There is my stuff. Love the new colors! So glad BG put out a new line. Now it won't hurt me so much to cut into my Blitzen! And see those stickers? Those are weight loss stickers. Cause i'm sick of being a fat ass. and i WILL lose weight! I'm not even going to label it as a resolution. This is a must. I CANNOT be fat anymore. "you're not faaaaaaaaaat!"

At one point (around 2pm) i realized that i had been away from Laken for waaaaay too long and got homesick. Don't get me wrong, i love SA and driving into town just felt right. I felt like i was at home. And i miss it. and i want to go back. and i walked around campus crying because i miss my memories and my friends. my "kids." Driving around in the crazy traffic. I miss my movie theaters. I miss it. all of it. BUT!!! i miss my son ten times more than that. And i wanted to be home.

So, in a nutshell, i drove out of Amarillo Sunday morning and was back home Monday night. It was a quickie. a short trip. but packed and full of friends and revisiting old memories. it was a short break from mommyhood and life and work and everything else. As i drove away i felt sad. sad to leave it again. all over again. it's weird that driving away from San Antonio felt so much like driving away from my life...

But now i'm back HOME!!!

15 Comments:

At 9:02 AM , Blogger Brynne said...

You are right, i don't think anyone else will think our Applebees story was as funny as we thought it was. I'm SO glad we finally met! It's about damn time! haha!

 
At 9:33 AM , Blogger Vicki said...

You girls are so cute together! Glad you had a fun trip, even if it was because of stupid transcripts (they have some dumb-ass rules about those huh?)

 
At 10:15 AM , Blogger Valerie said...

It's so cool that you and Brynne met, and you fisrt started talking on two peas. Very cool!! I love the pics!! And all the scrapbooking goodies, BG is awesome!! Have tons of fun playing!!

 
At 10:40 AM , Blogger Jocelyn said...

lol that poor waiter. sounds like you had an awesome time and good plan to not be fat (ok, i can't help saying it- you're not fat) and get good grades. i'm totally with you. chemistry??? for sure we're getting A's. (is it bad i can't say that without laughing?)

 
At 1:47 PM , Blogger Sarah said...

Dude, that drive is KILLER. Boring. To the max.

But you are too cute! Glad you got to meet your friend!

 
At 2:28 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looks like you had a fun trip, C and that's cool you got to meet Brynne! To answer your question, no Jacob doesn't know about my blog! Well, he knows I have one but he doesn't care much and I haven't given him the link or anything. So I can keep dishing about him!

 
At 3:17 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a pain in the ass to have to make that drive, but that is awesome that you got to meet your new friend!
I wanna see your "white" CJ pages girl!!! I hope you took pics before you sent it out today!!

 
At 5:53 PM , Blogger Amy said...

I'm soooo jealous of the new BG! I can't believe our store hasn't gotten it. I need to call them and have them put some back if they ever get it in! Glad to have you back in A-town too. I missed you sooooooooooo much!!!!

 
At 7:31 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

loved all the pictures in this one! so cool that you got to meet brynne!

 
At 7:56 PM , Blogger Raina* said...

Whoa, short trip for sure!!!

And I forgot...you are a fellow BG lover. Never had a camera handy while shopping to know for sure, but I suspect I look the same as you do in that picture when I near ANYTHING Basic Grey.

 
At 7:57 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

i can't wait to meet some peas!
yay!

 
At 8:38 AM , Blogger sarah said...

yay for fun trips to visit friends!
yay for meeting a pea!
looks like you had a fun, much needed trip...even though it was a quickie!

 
At 1:25 PM , Blogger Scott said...

Hey good to see you back on here. Haven't heard from you in a bit. Glad that you had a good time and survived the grass fires. I will send some of our rain down your way.

D

 
At 2:30 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Sounds like your visit was a good one! Glad you were able to hook up with Brynne. Love all of the photos :)

 
At 10:20 AM , Blogger Jamie said...

What a fun little trip! Don't you love meeting blogging friends? They are so great! How fun! Love those pictures! :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home