Just As i Am...

1.22.2006

what are you looking at?

Ladies and gentleman... i have high speed internet!!! Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahooooooo! I can't even begin to tell you how happy this makes me! I have been using dial up for about 8 months now. and the pictures were crappy, the connection was slow, the fact of the matter is... i hated it!

Soooo, i am happy to report that (despite the fact that we have yet to buy a fridge), we prioritized our needs and the internet came first. The cable for Jessica and internet for me. She doesn't use the computer... i don't watch TV.

I've been doing this whole "Photo of the Day" thing but i hate posting them all the time. and it's such a committment. So here are a few of my favorites. Sometimes i use my "photographic eye" and others i just take a picture. Never underestimate the value of a "snapshot." All of these were taken with my handy dandy Canon Powershot.

This has to be my favorite place on earth. when my brother was three we asked him what he thought Heaven would be like. He replied with "animals. lost of trees. .... Walmart!" my family is big on walmart! every sunday after church we would go to Wally World. i hate it. i always say that i feel like i need a flea dip every time i leave that place. I... am a Target Girl! But i hate that i can go in there for a can of baby formula and come out with $100+ of random unnecessary items!

My work schedule has changed. i work three nights a week at the electric company. you have an outage, i'm the girl you call to complain to. you can't understand your bill... here's my card. and it's boring. and drags on for.ev.er. these are my saving grace. i eat these things until my fingers swell from all the sodium intake. Eat. Spit. Be Happy. haha! great formula for life!

Remember me saying that i hate using restrooms that aren't handicapped? i was serious. if it's taken, i'll wait. i still think it's some sort of hypocrisy though because i scream at non-handicapped people who park in the "special spots." That and when a fully able-bodied person gets out of a firebird or mustang with that damn blue sticker hanging from their mirror and practically sprints into the store. ugh! but i use the large potty. i'm claustrophobic. that's where this stems from. and the only reason i don't feel bad about it is because it is generally the LAST stall. which means i walk further. not less. like the handicap spot thieves! look at all this space...

Speaking of phobias... have i mentioned that i have a phobia of running out of clothes hangers? seriously, it scares me when i'm doing laundry and start running low. i don't FOLD anything. my jeans are the exception. but socks, knickers, shorts... i just throw them in the drawer. everything else is on a hanger. when i'm doing laundry and i start running low, i will FLIP OUT! i stop and wait to go to target to re-stock. And, because i'm anal, i only use WHITE hangers in my closet. Laken has a little more variety. red, white and blue. but the red and blue are reserved (and grouped) for the clothes he has yet to grow into. sigh. i'm weird. but you still love me!

What's wrong with hole-y socks? they provide a nice, gentle breeze for my feet. keep me feeling oh so fresh. and they are perfect if i want to
toe somebody off!!

This is the Pad Thai i finally got to eat. i keep hearing people talk about it on their blogs. and Cathy Caroline is always eating something that i haven't realized i'm craving. and since the Thai Restaurant is right around the corner now...


This was me. frustrated. Talking to April on IM trying to figure out how to use Bloglines. it's supposed to make my life more simple. but all i got was a headache. i finally figured it out. but it took eons. and i'm sure april thought i was truthfully a bottle brunette. she was like "just hit suscribe." and i kept saying "what????"

don't worry. i only want to cut people open for a living. has nothing to do with technology.

and because we're moving. and we have no fridge. we can't cook. not that we would should we buy one. thank goodness laken drinks a powder and water mixture and eats from jars. i have more than likely added ten pounds to my ass this week. i used to go to the gym. and jessica works there. i really need to get back to this... i'll leave you with a little exercise humor! happy Monday!


P.S. Jocelyn... we are getting all A's this semester. the GPA gods came to me in a dream last night!!!

15 Comments:

At 6:40 AM , Blogger Brynne said...

HAHAHA you crack me up!!!

That's why i don't jog anymore either....

Sorry i didn't call you back yesterday. I was at the mall with my sister. I will try to call you today!

 
At 7:32 AM , Blogger mikster said...

Yay for high speed internet!

 
At 7:32 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ohhh I so heart Target! Yay!! :) And we should really chat soon...

 
At 8:06 AM , Blogger Just Me said...

ok girl...i just looked at my states for my blog and somebody just found my blog by typing into google "chriselda insanity"...LMAO!!!

My New Blog!

 
At 8:12 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

ooooooh i can make so many comments on this post.

first of all, socks with holes. i don't throw them away until more than one toe can fit through the whole.

second, i only hang up some of my clothes. although considering how much i hate folding, i really should look into hanging everything. my problem is that i have so much freaking clothes, my closet would need to triple in size.

third, the majority of handicap stalls here also have the baby change table in them, so it would work out perfectly for you. i like using them too, although i will use a normal stall as well. except sometimes my backpack gets caught on things at school and i struggle.

 
At 9:21 AM , Blogger Jamie said...

I love the randomness! How fun! The holey sock thing creeped me out though, lol! I HATE it when my socks have holes in them! Ack! :)

 
At 11:07 AM , Blogger Scott said...

K, someone else who hates Wal-Mart with the same intensity that I do. I never ever go there. I would rather spend more at another store than go there. Good to see that you got the high speed up and running.

Scott

 
At 11:47 AM , Blogger Jolene said...

How old di u say ur little boy was? When I read about him i picture a 2 yr old, LOL!

 
At 4:55 PM , Blogger Christielli said...

I wish we had Target in Canada. I like your Wal-mart flea bath joke. However, I must that I've been known to go to Walmart in a pinch.

Very fun pics though. I love Pad Thai too.

 
At 5:07 PM , Blogger angieoh! said...

Congats on the high speed internet... it will change your life. Don't feel bad, I don't run even if I am being chased! Good luck on your semester!

 
At 6:29 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Happy Monday!!! Love the holey socks ... I have tons of those and Lee always laughs at them. So Happy you are High-Speed!!! :D

 
At 8:23 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

High speed is the only way to go. woo hoo! Pad thai is my favorite dish at the moment. LOVE it!! And I was at Target twice yesterday. I also love that place :)

 
At 7:02 AM , Blogger Jill said...

hahahaah you are crackin me up girl. your blog is definitely the funniest EVER! i love your toe flip off! its great! and a walmart flea dip....you're killin me :P

 
At 7:35 AM , Blogger Wenchy said...

I just had to come say HI after seeing your name!

My name is Christel. :) Not a very usual name here where I live in South Africa.

 
At 9:37 AM , Blogger m@ said...

hahah I tried that picture of the day thing too. It's a huuuuge commitment and I gave up on it rather quickly, after 3 days I think.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home