Just As i Am...

6.15.2006

my momma's birthday was yesterday. she tripped over a chair and banged her face on her wooden-ended recliner, cut it open and now looks like she's storing acorns in her cheeks for the winter. poor thing. i love her.

went to the grocery store and spent some major bucks on rachel ray's 7 Menu thingie in her magazine. She gives you a week of recipes and even a shopping list. Guys at the produce dept were laughing, surely, when i said, "what's arugula? where are the basil leaves?" and ten seconds later came up and asked, "where's the cilantro?" The people in the cheese department were not so thrilled when i asked for a "one pound ball of mozzarella" and some "parmagiano" cheese and some "fontina" I swear. cooking is not my forte.

people at Hobby Lobby and Michael's were not very patient when i asked for modeling paste and when they asked "what are you going to use it for?" i just blinked blankly and said "i dunno" i spent twenty minutes looking for that shizz...

Today's GREAT THE GREAT'S birthday! what are you... 29?? i hope my girls are front in center like yours when i'm 29. love you and hope you had a blast! please head over to two peas and check out your lovin

lost my creative flow. if you see it, please drop it in the nearest mailbox with some scrappy supplies to keep her warm...

found some mini oreos for laken. he likes to stick them all in his mouth at once.

spent the night last night hunched over the coffee table while my roommate peeled skin off my back. are you sure you guys wouldn't want some chriselda skinz??? i have plenty of it!! haha! i had to vaccuum myself up. it was kinda freakishly disturbing

britney spears and her interview with Matt Lauer is about to come on. gawd i love to hate to love her!!!

>MUAH< love and lots of it!

15 Comments:

At 6:14 PM , Blogger Barb said...

Let me know how the Rachael meal turns out. Love the gal, but she and I have very different tastes sometimes.

And the skin. . . YUCK!

 
At 6:23 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

poor chriselda's mama
and sounds like you need
or needed some aloe

 
At 8:57 PM , Blogger justem said...

That is so sad about you mom, yet you make it sound so funny!! I hope she gets better quickly! :)

 
At 5:24 AM , Blogger gloria said...

1. Poor madre.
2. Love me some Rachel Ray. J just bought me the 365 recipe book.
3. Ick on the skin peeling!! Just as long as you don't save any of it for use on a future LO!

NAAAAAAAAAASSSSSty!!!!!!!!

<3

 
At 7:54 AM , Blogger Greta Adams said...

thank you for the birfday wishes...that is awesome...iu see your mom has your luck as well...better stay away from the momster your rubbing off with your bad luck....rachel ray recipes cost me way to much money so I stay away from her....

I love to hate that ho as well...she is such a trash ball....poor little sean preston....or whatever his name is..to have 2 goofy parents that he has

 
At 10:44 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

is it gross of me to say that i love peeling my skin when it starts to peel?

yes, i think it is gross.

oh well. now the whole world will know.

 
At 12:04 PM , Blogger elizabeth said...

sorry that happened to your mom. hope she is feeling better today.

come on over here sista, and i'll show ya a thing or two in the kitchen. hell, i'll even do the grocery shoppin' for ya since i love to do that so much.

and what did you think of the brit interview? i personally was afraid that one of her tits was going to pop out and smack me in the face.

 
At 12:07 PM , Blogger Scott said...

Oh man... that skin thing does not sound cool at all. that is a good friend to peel it off for you. I don't think that I could do it.

Hope that your Mom feels better soon.

Scott

 
At 1:42 PM , Blogger BRANDY said...

I never understand Rachel Ray...I love her, and love to use her lingo (EV and O), but she makes it look so easy. I feel for Brit. I think she was truely sincere and REAL for once on camera. I still think you need to send some Chriselda out to everyone...it would be grossidly funny.

 
At 2:43 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

aww, i hope your mommy is ok?
ugh, i got sunburnt today too...not TOO bad but enough that my arms and face hurt a bit.

have a great weekend!

 
At 7:41 PM , Blogger angieoh! said...

Ewwwwww the whole Chriselda skins is gross. very gross. Do not use for seasoning on your Racheal recipes....

 
At 12:55 AM , Blogger caroline said...

LOL chriselda skinz!!! lmao
poor chriselda's mom!!

 
At 9:45 PM , Blogger Grace said...

lol, that was a great post. Ouch, I hope your Mom's feeling ok. And you and your poor back. You'll be all better in a week :)

 
At 1:44 AM , Blogger monica said...

Your poor mom, is she okay????

I'm with you on the whole food thingy, I can't cook for jack!

Put LOTS of aloe vera on your back!!

 
At 7:28 AM , Blogger 2 Dollar Productions said...

That Spears interview should have helped your mood because it's one of those things that makes you realize things could be a lot worse than having skin peeled off your back.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home