Just As i Am...

5.16.2006

...speaking of random

so i'm reading again. and that's always nice.
the first one is Broke Diaries. love this book. it's hilarious and side splitting.
second, the Imperfect Mom. because we all are. and this is a book full of non-Marthas that eff it up from time to time. Have yet to find a story about hot wax all over a child's back... but still. it's REAL!
third is Smashed, which will be my next pick for my book club with Scott. so order up big boy! it's a book about a girl who spends her life DRUNK.




hey look. my life's theme in three books: broke, imperfect, and drunk. niiiiiiiiiiiiiice.

* was driving home last night after picking Laken up from the Paternal Units' home. (aka, Gramma's) and was driving about 64 in a 70. laaaadeeeedaaaaaa. and then this truck gets on my ass. so i'm between an 18wheeler and this truck. no biggie. i'm not concerned. then this truck pulls out of the lane behind me, into the next lane for about half a second, then darts back in behind me and flashes his lights. His red and blue and white lights. so i say "what the hell am i getting pulled over for now??" So i pull over and the nice "Highway Patrol" says, "ma'am you were following that semi too closely!" Isn't that an opinion? hmmmm. So, i tell him that i couldn't slow down because he was behind me. he's looking at my windshield at this point with his flashlight and sees my expired registration. again. So he tells me it's expired and i break into story "this is my ex husband's car. he lives in san antonio, i can't renew it through this county because there's still a lien on it. so i had to send the form to the tax assessor there. and they'll mail it back to me." then he asks for my proof of insurance. DRAT! i don't have insurance because i can't afford it because i keep getting pulled over and being threatened with jail and orange jumpsuits. it's a vicious cycle, i tell ya. anyway, so there goes another $200 on that ticket. thanks, buddy.

fun little facts:

i always open a bag of chips upside down. those little grab bags. can't eat 'em unless they're opened upside down.

i don't have much of a sweet tooth. don't like chocolate. i have a Nestle Crunch on my desk that has been sitting there for two days. it's half eaten.

my second toe is longer than the first one. (which means i'm going to be dominant in any relationship) Which, scientists are trying to prove means you have a genetic predisposition of becoming a homosexual. Also, if your ring finger is long than your index finger, yup... you're a carpet muncher deep down. Did i just say that?!

i must admit that i mostly buy books because the cover appeals to me. either that or the title. For example: How to Pee Standing Up. Good times. see, i AM judging a book by it's cover

i've read a ton of books before they became movies. like the Yaya Sisterhood, House of Sand and Fog, Memoirs of a Geisha, The Notebook, Girl, Interrupted, White Oleander and the fantatic Bridget Jones Diaries. I'm sad that i didn't read the DaVinci Code before now. But!!!! Two of my favorite-ist novels are movies now. The Devil Wears Prada, and The Nanny Diaries. I have an extra copy of the Nanny Diaries that i will send to the first person who asks for it... if anyone wants it. Now, i'm just waiting for the "Shopoholic" Movies to come out. cause that would be swell. and i'll even take the part for FREE!!! (brush up on my english accent. If Rene Zelweger can do it, so can i!)

i like to ramble

i am full of useless information and it spews out randomly. like, while watching Letterman last night. Kid science projects and one of them starts talking about Newton's laws of Motion. and there i go... "an object in motion...." N.E.R.D alert!

i have several MLA Handbooks. it's a guideline for college students to use. helps you avoid plaigerism and yada yada. i love them. am addicted to them. have three. including one that is pocket sized.

i love things on keychains. Chapstick, Sharpies, flashlights. now you can get that bleach pen on a key chain. but my all time favorite??? SUNSCREEN! sunscreen on a key chain. best. invention. ever!

Grey's anatomy is over. i sobbed like a little girl. i won't spoil in case some of you missed it. but effin' Izzy is the dumbest person ever. and what the hell was up with no-neck-Torres? she's so freakin' ugly and i'm so sick of her attitude. and why does meredith get to be a whore and we all love her? WHY?

almost have no desire to watch American Idol tonight. what for? not that it's all about chris, because i started feeling this way when ace left. but c'mon. what is this top three? who the hell??? Anyway, here is an interesting article for those of you who think that it's all fixed. Puh-lease. losing american idol is the best thing to happen to Chris. And can people stop saying how awesome Taylor is. c'mon. if he wins, what the hell is he going to do? dance around on stage like that all the damn time? sure it's fun. for the first five seconds. but, unless you're drunk or on your way... i really don't think this is "entertainment" for much longer than that. i can watch that at any bar in america for free. so Click here for AI Voting Strategies... Makes complete sense. only, i think Chris's Votes will go to Taylor.

ok... i'm tired of this. have a great day. off to blog!

22 Comments:

At 8:19 AM , Blogger mikster said...

You need to hire a chauffer...it may actually be cheaper for ya in the long run.

 
At 9:15 AM , Blogger Jocelyn said...

hahaha chriselda
how do you even get yourself in those situations? with our luck combined, we would probably never see the light of day. ever. i'm probably the only person less lucky than you. so don't worry about it <3

 
At 9:35 AM , Blogger sarah said...

love the random post...

have you read "Save Karyn" by Karyn Bosnak? Kind of along the lines of the Broke book you're reading. It's a true story, but reads like a novel...very funny!

Man...Greys had me & my friend sobbing last night too. Such a brillant show. Did you hear it's moving to Thursdays at 9pm in the fall?

xoxox

 
At 11:09 AM , Blogger Greta Adams said...

i'll be on pins and needles until next season...damn them for making us wait i tell ya....eliz and i are going to read the devil wears prada..she is reading it and then it will come to me...hey send that book my way i'll read it and pass it to eliz and we'll send it back to ya...

BTW...take a taxi from here on out would ya?

 
At 11:20 AM , Blogger elizabeth said...

thanks for the book suggestions. will have to add them to the list. like greta said, i'm trying to hurry up and read the devil wears prada so we can go see it together. that book is friggin' perfect for greta. she's into all that fashion designer shit.

and yes, please start carpooling, taking a bus, or something. girl, i'd hate for you to have to blog from jail (even though that could make for some interesting posts).

oh and thanks for the info on the middle/index finger thing. i'll be keeping my eyes open around here at work ;)

 
At 11:42 AM , Blogger Kirsten said...

I have smashed on hold at the library, and am actually picking it up this afternoon. I'll let you know how i like it!

I love your random posts.

And man oh man. A whole summer without grey's. How will we survive?!

 
At 12:07 PM , Blogger tg said...

You have the craziest shit happen in your life. Here's to hoping it slows a bit.

 
At 12:09 PM , Blogger tg said...

Oh I want to read Smashed too... but I never make time to read unless I am on vacation :(

 
At 2:01 PM , Blogger Kat said...

i want the nanny diaries!! was i first?
such a bummer about the cop car. seriously, didn't know you could get pulled over for driving too closely. whats up with that?
love your randomness, good times. and all those books sound good! i'm reading the shopaholic series right now. and davinci code is my favorite book. i say read it before you see the movie. but i haven' seen the movie yet, so i guess i can't really give you that opinion.........
oh, and i heard if your second toe is longer than your big toe (has a name, mortons toe. don't know who morton is, but its what my chiropracter told me) it means you're a good lover. i like that one better ; )

 
At 2:40 PM , Blogger Amber said...

your posts are always so damn long! LOL i have to re-read about 3x! i love it.
i need to read something. i have about 5 sitting here waiting on me...i just need to dive in.
you have the worst damn luck girl....seriously....wishing you 4 leaf clovers.
i must get the dvd collection of GA....i want to watch...i just don't have time...ARG! how in the hell do people have time to watch TV?
love you.

 
At 4:22 PM , Blogger justem said...

Great post :) I really want to read "Smashed" I saw a review of it! I can't believe you got pulled over, that is crap. At least you didn't hit your breaks to try to get the truck/cop off your ass, which I have been known to do!!! I cried a LOT last night...that show was just too much for me...and thank you for saying Meredith is a whore!!!!

 
At 4:50 PM , Blogger Christielli said...

I read "Smashed" awhile ago when I was on my addict memoris kick (A Million Little Pieces and Dry by Augusten Burroughs were also part of this kick). I remember identifying with the author in places but also getting really annoyed with her too.

I loved the Nanny Diaries and am looking forward to the movie too!

 
At 5:01 PM , Blogger BRANDY said...

I cried too. Why oh why did izzy quit? I think she will be back. At least I hope so. My eyes were glued to the tv during mcdreamy and meredith's little quickie. Holy crap it was a freakin awesome season!

 
At 7:03 PM , Blogger Valerie said...

So sorry about getting pulled over, that totally SUCKS!! I will have to check out those books you were talking about..I haven't read in awhile, can't find a book to get into and now everything is so busy too!! AHH!! Almost there..I still cannot believe Grey's, I cried, but it was good!! Love the show!!

 
At 7:15 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think we have very similar tastes in books...I am going to go pick up one of the ones you are reading now...thanks! Loved the Da Vinci Code!

 
At 6:39 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Why does Meredith have to be called a whore? I don't think she's a whore. Derek doesn't count, 'cause she already screwed him and she hasn't slept with the vet yet.
Also, you don't have insurance?! That's terrible. What if you get in an accident? You need insurance.

 
At 7:20 PM , Blogger Raina* said...

chriselda, you make me laugh. you make my sides hurt. you make me effin snort!!! I LOVE YOU!!!

 
At 7:42 PM , Blogger Barb said...

Are they making Shopaholic in to a movie for real? I have a strange thing for British fiction. I read Bridget Jones every single summer.

 
At 9:06 PM , Blogger caroline said...

dude
you have the worst luck with tickets
*hug*

 
At 4:33 AM , Blogger gloria said...

WOW and I thought *I* was random today!

LMAO

Only you.

 
At 7:45 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

i have so many things to comment on. i am going to the library tonight. i'll have to see if there's any random chance that they have the broke diaries book. i love funny books. and i totally judge books by their cover too.

i think you should just stop driving and start taking cabs. or the bus. or a bike. because it would probably be cheaper.

i'm totally jealous that you don't like chocolate. my life would be so much healthier without it.

the nanny diaries is being made into a movie? i so can't wait. but i'll be so pissed off if they change the ending so it's a happy one. i just don't like when they make books into movies and change the endings. like the notebook.

 
At 10:15 PM , Blogger Michelle W. said...

geez...

you forgot to mention I was talking to you as you get pulled over. And I told you to flash the cop and you didn't

tsk tsk tsk. Long post with no Michelle mention... What has this world come to!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home