Just As i Am...

5.23.2006

sunny day... takin' the clouds away...

laken cried last night. lots. i think he was having nightmares. so i took him into my room with me. GASP! and he slept in mommy's bed. this morning, i woke up and he was inches in front of my face. he smiled when i opened my eyes, then practically swallowed my face whole with his kisses. sigh. i love being a mom. no other male in this world will watch me sleep and think it's cute enough to deserve a kiss before i brush my teeth.

lookie lookie!!!



phew. i'm so relieved. total cost for camera repair? $10.83 niceness!
so i sent a text to my friend and said it was fixed and i'd pay for it but he had to buy Laken a swimming pool and baby lawn chair in exchange.

Then i tried to tell him that since i had suffered a noteable amount of pain and suffering, that i needed to be compensated with this...


the african beaded ring from James Avery. he wasn't amused. In other news...

Gosh Darnit... PEAple love me!!!

This is Cathy Caroline's layout of Laken. girl is such a spunky little scrapper. thanks a ton of times over! love this to bits. love that one of your peapraise said "just think someday soon you will scrap one of your own....hehe" Is there something you need to tell us???


And my girl, ASHLEY did this one for me! i was so surprised! thank you so much! i LOVE this! i was crackin' up with all the graph paper facts. you are too too much.

i should do this more often. just ask people to make pages for me. then i don't have to flippin' do it! yesssssssss! this seriously helps my scrapper's block.

MUST READ THIS:

church sunday: kids choir is doing a special. upbeat music, blah blah. and then all of a sudden a little boy is rapping. and then they bust out with "You down with G-O-D? Yeah, you know me!!" i swear it! i can't make this up. a couple of minutes later they're sing "oooooooh yeah. what have you done for HIM lately?" and i'm laughing. HARD. seriously, naughty by nature and janet jackson have found their way into a church choir production. i've seen it all.

conversation between me and my roommate:

Chriselda- "the reason good looking guys have ugly girlfriends is because they keep her around so there will always be that woman that is good to him. she doesn't want to lose him."

Jessica - "i'm pretty. and i treat my boyfriends well."

(long pause followed by silence. i blinked a few times) then...

Jessica - "that's why i'm divorced. and single."

bwahahahahahahaha! good times!

21 Comments:

At 6:51 PM , Blogger justem said...

That is an adorable story about Lakin!!! And the layouts rock. I am going to have to start posting pictures for others to scrap...you are brilliant, I tell you! Brilliant!

 
At 8:41 PM , Blogger jessica said...

The in-your-face morning kisses story makes my womb ache. So so sweet.

 
At 10:26 PM , Blogger Grace said...

Sweet ring! Glad I re-found your blog. My old blog got hacked into and I lost all control of it so I started up a new one. Anyways, hope you're doing great :)

 
At 7:10 AM , Blogger Jessica O'Brien said...

That is such a cute story about Lakin!!! :) Love both those pages the girls did for you- super cool! TFS

 
At 7:43 AM , Blogger Scott said...

Awww Laken, very cute.

Glad that the camera is all fixed up and good to go, very important stuff.

Scott

 
At 7:55 AM , Blogger elizabeth said...

stories like that make all the difficulties of motherhood seem to disappear!

so glad you got your camera fixed (and for uber cheap!!).

:)

 
At 10:52 AM , Blogger sarah said...

yay for morning Laken kisses...
cute layouts - aren't you lucky to get those! :)

happy to hear the camera go fixed...and for so cheap! yay!

 
At 11:13 AM , Blogger Valerie said...

What a sweet story of Laken!! My time will come soon!! Loved the pages!! You lucky girl!! And yay for the camera not costing too much to get fixed!!

 
At 1:02 PM , Blogger mikster said...

Gotta love a kid like that!

 
At 3:18 PM , Blogger Michelle W. said...

awww... love the stories. The layout rocks. So glad you don't have to pay for that much for the camera repair!

 
At 7:19 PM , Blogger angieoh! said...

I don't know how you didn't start laughing out loud when Naughty by Nature was busted out in church. Too freaking hilarious.

 
At 1:01 AM , Blogger caroline said...

whoo hoo!
yay for the camera!

 
At 8:23 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

How sweet, what a great way to wake up!!!

 
At 8:35 AM , Blogger Mad Munkey said...

Nice ring... Good luck on that one. :-)

 
At 3:08 PM , Blogger Raina* said...

You just ask people to scrap your pictures for you??? Dude, I'm all for being lazy....teach me master. I got a whack of pictures that need to be scrapped....

 
At 6:50 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

i kinda find you super interesting.
gotta love the babies.
love the church and conversation.

 
At 2:47 AM , Blogger gloria said...

As big a fan of JA as I am, I think I would put an eye out with that ring!

 
At 8:09 AM , Blogger Jill H said...

awww, so sweet about your son :)
i love his name!!
love those layouts others did for ya, so fun!

 
At 1:15 PM , Blogger freethoughtguy said...

"You down with G-O-D? Yeah, you know me!!"

That's what the kids are doing in church these days? ;-)~

.

 
At 7:43 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yay for the shout out to me!! hehe

 
At 10:32 AM , Blogger Greta Adams said...

awww aren't kids the greatest...just wait though sista...at about 2 and 3 you will want to rip his head off...they are only cute until about 2 then they get a smart mouth and defiant....

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home