Just As i Am...

4.10.2006

i swear i can't make this stuff up....

things happen to me. it's insanity. that's why my blog title is Insanity Here. cause that's all my life is... insanity... here!!!

so, laken has been sick for the past few days. got a fever that i couldn't break and he stopped walking, talking, eating, playing. he did nothing. he just wanted to lie on my chest and sleep all day.

so... thursday and friday he got sent home from daycare with fever. now they won't let him go back until he gets a release from a doctor. That's on my list of things to do today...

Brynne came into town Saturday and we tried to watch meaningless TV and fry our brains. We ate Olive Garden and then went to the play. After that, we went to dance and get our drink on. BUT!!!! we had to eat Sonic burgers beforehand which made it impossible to drink because we were stuffed. Which ultimately resulted in very little dancing because we can't do it sober. But, i did meet a guy. but i knew it was too good to be true. He was a GORGEOUS straight guy at a gay bar that had beautiful eyes, and had to leave because he had to get up early for church the next morning. ???? yeah. i'm pretty sure i was sober. and awake. but he couldn't have been real.

And... the play is over. Finito. Gone. No more. and i'm sad. Saturday night i almost cried because i knew we only had one more shot at it. one more go.Sunday afternoon rolls around, brynne left right before the Matinee showing. I had to go to get in costume and get my wigs on. So, i'm on my merry way and two miles away from the theater.... i see a cop flash his lights. Shit.

So i hand him my license blah blah... and he goes to his car. I pick up the phone, tell the girl doing my hair that i'm running late and will be there as soon as i get my ticket. The cop comes back to the car says
"Yeah, i'm going to need for you to step out of the car."
"ooooooooooooook???"
"Go ahead and step out of the car"
So i get out... all baffled thinking, he can search my car if he wants... i don't have drugs. Is it because i'm a mexican??
"Ma'am, there is a warrant for your arrest and i'm going to need to take you to jail now."
"What?"
"Go ahead and turn around so i can handcuff you."
"No. I can't. And i know this isn't your problem. But i have to be in a play in an hour and a half"
"You're right. It's not my problem"
"Can you arrest me afterward? There's no understudy. You can come watch the show. I'll gladly go afterward."
(I swear i did think this was rational, logical thinking)
"No ma'am. I'm on duty. I can't go to a play..."
"But but"
Policeman shifts his weight from side to side just watching me break down. and i'm thinking "he's going to think i'm acting!!!" So i let the waterworks begin!! And not because i was trying to get out of it. But because i was so freaked out about going to jail. being handcuffed. missing the show. So i am bawling. begging. and i tell him i need to call and at least let them know i am not going to be there.
"if you have your cell phone you can call. and i'm going to have your car impounded"
"no sir!! please, i can't afford that."
"alright, if you can have someone here in 10 minutes to get it, i won't call"
So i'm on the phone with my roommate. then i call the lady doing my hair and she says "You're not getting arrested are you...." before she even said "hello." I tell her yes and she is like HOLY SHIT! Just so happens... the theater's attorney was there getting his tickets for the show when all this happened and he comes to my rescue. The cop seemed annoyed when i told him an attorney was coming and he said that it wouldn't do any good and he was still going to haul me off. Mr. Lawyer tries to talk him out of it. and the cop is set.
"i'm taking her to jail."
sob sob sob
"how long will it take to get her out?"
and then the cop says if we pay my fines he would just take me downtown to the clerk and i'd pay and leave. So Mr. Lawyer opens his wallet. "How much is it?" the cop is on the phone and blah blah. five minutes later, he comes out of his car... "Chriselda....."
oh shit. i walk over and Mr. Lawyer follows me. He looks at me and says
"are you her attorney?"
i look at the stranger standing next to me and he says "yes!"
"make sure she's in court Monday getting this taken care of and i'll let her go to her play. here's your WARNING for speeding. you're free to go"
and now i'm sobbing again...
i walk into the theater crying like a baby. and everyone is just rushing over to help me. It felt like such a Miss Congeniality moment when sandra bullock walks in without her makeup guy and they all rush over to help. sigh. i love my theater family. i was safe.

the show went well. i surprisingly pulled it together and did my thing. then we had to strike the set. which if you don't know what that means... it means tear it all down. and i bawled watching my little Cuba and cigar factory get broken down into 2x4s and plywood. Cried as i hauled piles of trash to the dumpster. piles of tobacco leaves, props we wouldn't use again, pieces of the set we couldn't reuse... and i thought "how do you just throw it all away???" and just as quickly as this play came into my life... it is gone. it is over. and i'm sad and lonely all over again. all over again.

When i was standing still just staring at the tumbling walls, someone asked "what are you doing." and i said... "dying. I'm dying and coming back to Chriselda's life..." And i don't know what to do with myself now. i guess it's back to being me. which might be strange since i haven't done it in two months...

Theater of the Day:
"I don't try to understand everything they say. I let myself be taken. The story enters my body and i become the second skin of the characters." - Marela

"Actors surrender. They stop playing themselves and they give in. You would have to let go of yourself and enter the life of another human being..." - Conchita

Lights down.....

16 Comments:

At 9:21 AM , Blogger BRANDY said...

holy crap. handcuffs and all? OMG totally speechless.

 
At 9:22 AM , Blogger Brynne said...

OMG i freakin love you! That totally sucks about the cops i'm glad they let you go.
Thanks for the stereo it's AWESOME! I love it. I miss you already! Can't wait to see you again!
Remember next time we are NOT eating!

 
At 10:00 AM , Blogger Scott said...

Okay, that is crazy. I hope that you are okay! Take care of yourself!!

Scott

 
At 10:42 AM , Blogger Greta Adams said...

ok you criminal you...what does your crazy ass have a warrant for...huh? huh? huh? hehehehe...greta the great must know...Thank god for shady lawyers huh? BWHAHAHAHAHA

 
At 11:03 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hope Laken is feeling better! Poor little guy!!

Man, that Cop could've been a little nicer to you. Thank God that lawyer got there when he did. Talk about timing!

Aren't you glad to be getting back to Chriselda's world?

{{hugs}}

Jeanette

 
At 11:05 AM , Blogger sarah said...

holy crap...I'm glad it all worked out! How crazy...what trauma! :(

Hope Laken's feeling better soon!

 
At 11:07 AM , Blogger Valerie said...

OMG!! I cannot believe it!! thank goodness you were able to finish your play...but what did you do that you had a warrant out? I hope it was a misunderstanding!! Thank goodness for the lawyer...take care..hope Laken is feeling better soon!!

 
At 3:29 PM , Blogger Christielli said...

Oh my. That's a craaaaaaa-zy story. Glad you made it to closing night.

Hope your son is doing better.

 
At 8:44 PM , Blogger -jason- said...

first off... hope your son is feeling better.

about the whole police ordeal... that is total craziness. glad it got worked out in the end and you made it to the show.

 
At 8:00 AM , Blogger Just Me said...

holy crap girl

 
At 8:25 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

wow dude. that is out of control crazy. what did you do!

 
At 9:50 AM , Blogger Jamie said...

OMG!!! I can't beleive that! What ws your warrant for crazy?!?!? :) I hope everything goes well, eek! I'm sorry you're sad about the play being over! I hope you do more of them! :)

 
At 9:03 AM , Blogger X said...

Wooooooooooow...what was the warrant for? That's nutso! Stay safe and don't go getting arrested! :)

 
At 9:22 AM , Blogger mikster said...

What a day huh?

 
At 1:27 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ok... wait. What do you have a warrant for? You left that part out of the story. And just in case you ever need my help, I have some pull with the police force. I will use my powers with Jason to help get everything straightened out ;)

 
At 8:33 PM , Blogger Jill said...

girl, you are right...this shit only happens to you!!! omg!! i did hafta laugh tho..."yeah. i'm pretty sure i was sober. and awake. but he couldn't have been real."

priceless :)
lub u!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home