Just As i Am...

4.06.2006

ok - i can do this!

I got to be Meredith Grey for a few hours on Wednesday. that was fantastic! i went in for my surgery rotation and got a change to be an observer in a surgery. And guess what i freakin' saw????

ABDOMINALPLASTY!!! (a tummy tuck) As i tell this story, i'm surprised how many people don't know what it is. So let me tell you... a big piece of your love handle gets CUT OFF of your body and tossed on a table next to a pre-med student. It was the most amazing thing ever to see a large piece of human flesh, muscle, and blood, just lying there next to me. So awesome! I am soooooo going to cut people open for a living.

and... i'm sooooo going to hop on a treadmill every chance i get.

Speaking of. My mom called and told me about all these cleansing pills she bought me and a book for me to start my weight loss program. Said "as soon as this play is over, you can start focusing on yourself again." Nice, eh? Well, if you're mom can't tell you you're fat, then who can? But seriously, i already knew i had weight issues. And i won't even say "i don't know why i'm getting fat" because i do. it's the greasy burgers and Schnitz i am eating in the middle of the night. not good. pretty soon, it's going to be my love handle lying on the blue cloth.

but, right now i have to go, because i'm craving some honey nut cheerios.

10 Comments:

At 6:33 AM , Blogger mikster said...

Mom's are like cops They can say whatever...and interrogate endlessly...and we almost have to accept it.

Have a super weekend!

 
At 9:15 AM , Blogger sarah said...

that's so cool! :)

darn those moms...but I guess it's their way of showing they care, right?

 
At 10:04 AM , Blogger Vicki said...

So cool! I used to love watching operation shows on TLC (years ago when they were more than just "A ___ story" all day long) and my mom said I'd be a surgeon or a butcher haha. Maybe in one of my future lives. Enjoy it for me! And ask if you can take pictures for your blog ;)

 
At 10:29 AM , Blogger Valerie said...

That is so cool, getting to be Meredith Grey..although I don't know if I could handle the flesh, skin and blood sitting next to me!! But it's still cool!! Mom's rock!! They are the only ones that can say what has to be said whatever it is good or bad!!

 
At 10:54 AM , Blogger Scott said...

Mmmmmm honey nut cheerios! So good!

Scott

 
At 9:29 AM , Blogger Greta Adams said...

AGGGHHHH I am so jealous I wish I was awake for my tummy tuck because I am all about that shit. Was it awesome or what? I asked my Dr. if he taped it he said no but if he had known i was interested he would have...bummer...hey could you tape one and mail it to me along with a boob job too...lol

 
At 5:25 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are going to see soooo many cool and amazing (and sometimes just plain disgusting) things. I am so excite for you... it's gonna be awesome! I can't wait to hear all about it :)

 
At 5:38 PM , Blogger caroline said...

you know....
i would probably barf if i saw surgery in person. ha.
yes i am a wuss

 
At 8:36 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

OMG! I would be sick if I saw that. Ick. Sorry girl, that just grosses me out!

 
At 8:55 AM , Blogger Jamie said...

Dude awesome! Too bad McDreamy couldn't have been there too! ;) I'm glad you're enjoying it so far though! :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home