Just As i Am...

3.30.2006

it's all in the numbers....

so, thought i would give you an update of my life in ... NUMBERS!!!

8 - number of years it has been since my last dentist appointment.

2- number of teeth i will be LOSING due to decay. Apparently, it's almost to the nerve and i will need to have it cleaned, which might result in a ROOT CANAL and more than likely will result in CROWNS!

4 - number of teeth that will be pulled from my mouth. this consists of all four of my wisdom teeth which are impacted and must be removed by an oral surgeon.

2 - number of cavities i have in other teeth that will also need fillings.

1 - percent chance that, since i have a wisdom tooth straddling the nerve they numb when extracting them, damage will be done to the nerve resulting in PERMANENT LOWER LIP PARALYSIS

Several - number of teeth i will lose should i choose to forego wisdom teeth extraction mentioned above...

0 - number of whitening products i am allowed to use since my teeth are highly sensitive. this means no whitening toothpaste, gels, strips, or trays.

4 - number of teeth currently suffering from my receding gums. 2 of which have their root exposed.

5000 - number of dollars it will approximately cost me to get my mouth and teeth back up to par.

1 - girl who seriously believes in karma at this point because she constantly rags on people with ugly teeth. said person is me, chriselda, owner of this blog.

****
1 - number of years my son has been in this world. He turned one yesterday!!!

Too many - number of steps he independently takes around the house. He won't need me anymore!!!

3 - number of nights he will not be spending with me. sigh.

****

7 - number of shows i have starting tonight! eek!

50 - number of pounds i need to lose by tonight in order to avoid looking like a fat pig in the photos...

6 - number of pimples that have conveniently reared their ugly heads on my face

3 - number of lines that are about 5 words long that i always flub during rehearsal

very little - number of dollars i have in my bank account...

****

1 - very tired, stressed, confused, and mentally exhausted chic!!!

13 Comments:

At 10:59 AM , Blogger Scott said...

Awwww that is really bad news about the teeth. Hopefully it all gets done soon and you can put that behind you.

Happy birthday to Laken!!!!

And break a leg tonight. You will be great!! Have fun with the show, you can relax when it is over.

 
At 11:02 AM , Blogger Just Me said...

i added them up 5,093

 
At 11:06 AM , Blogger BRANDY said...

I despise the dentist. He never has anything good to say and he always costs a fortune. Hang in there. Best wishes.

 
At 11:27 AM , Blogger Jen said...

OMG yuo make me laugh.
50 pounds before tonight.........hehehe...good luck with that.
Sorry bout the chompers, I went through the same crap a couple years ago.
And I was thinking about you this morning...hiow's the no smoking going?? Cause let me tell you, if you have wisdom teeth pulled ad then smoke, you wil get dry socket, and then you will wish you were dead. I am not kidding. It's horrible.
Good luck tonight! Wish I could be there!!!!!!!!

 
At 11:27 AM , Blogger Jen said...

And Happy Birthday Laken!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

 
At 12:07 PM , Blogger Jocelyn said...

maybe the dentist was just kidding. just because they went to school for 3829 years doesn't mean they're trustworthy? sorry about the teeth and 1% lip paralysis? nahhhh that won't happen. k love you.

 
At 1:05 PM , Blogger sarah said...

1. Happy Birthday Laken!!!!

2. dentist suck...haven't been in ages either - now I'm even more scared to go. :(

3. break a leg tonight chickadee! You're gonna do AWESOME, girl!

xoxox

 
At 3:09 PM , Blogger X said...

That sucks about the teeth....I haven't been to the dentist in a while either. I hope it all works out money-wise so you can pay for it.

Have fun with the play.....and who cares about the pimples! No one will see them when you are on stage.

Hugs and have fun! :)

 
At 12:15 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Saw the play it rocked my face off!! helluva job. Don't trip on the percent you will be fine..

 
At 7:40 AM , Blogger Greta Adams said...

Happy Birfday to my little man. Ugh huh girl keep on making fun of people with bad teef...

 
At 8:59 AM , Blogger Kirsten said...

break a leg!

 
At 3:06 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I liked your numbers posted... I am going through the EXACT same experience. It has been 8 years since I last saw a dentist and I NEVVER floss! I had 10 cavities, 3 of which needed root canals, they are going to add a crown to one tooth with no root canal and change another crown I already had. (total 5 crowns) In a private practice this would cost me at least $5000 just for crowns. I am going to see a student dentist at my local college and It's all being done for $2500, my total out of pocket expenses are under $1000 since I have insurance (had to wait 6 months before they could do most of the work though)

 
At 8:41 PM , Blogger -jason- said...

i'm headed to the dentist tomorrow morning. i haven't seen one since i moved back here from new york... quite scared what kind of work will have to be done.

good luck on the rest of your performances!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home