Just As i Am...

4.03.2006

it's already been brought-it!



In case any of you were wondering... i did well opening weekend. it's not a big deal to me anymore because i've done this for 5 weeks already. so doing it the last three nights was like doing it again... with an audience.

i wasn't nervous, which was surprising. but like i've said a million times, honestly, "i'm too tired to be nervous."

Thursday was our first night, but the actual opening was Friday night. My family chose to go on Friday night. Complete with a couple of aunts, my little brother, and my parents. That was... interesting.

For starters, this play won the Pulitzer Prize for best drama in 2003. DRAMA!!! read that again. this play is full of it too! there is cheating, lying, rape, drunkenness, murder, and sex in this show.

My character just so happens to have sex. On a table. So there i am, with my legs wrapped around this guy and ... he's doing his thang... and my mom and aunt are like "do we watch? or look away?" haha! People have come up to me after the show in the Meet and Greet and said things ranging from "you are so beautiful" to "nice performance you dirty girl" to "you're grounded!" I mean... i MAKE OUT in front of a room full of people. and this is from a girl who hates PDA and who's friends have NEVER seen her kiss someone. And there i was... dry humping!

We had a nice reception Friday night. I got three dozen flowers! My friends are awesome! And this huge bouquet of roses is from the man who plays my husband (yes, i'm a cheating whore). He bought it for all the girls in the show but everyone left afterward and there sat this obscenely gorgeous bouquet. Melanie said she would take it home but had cats, so i said i'd take it. Nice, eh?

This week i have four performances. Thursday thru Sunday. phew. and then it's over. and i'm sad. because i spent four days a week with these people. and now... nothing. hmph.

BUT!!! may you all be witnesses to this - I AM GOING TO GET BACK ON TRACK!

having my nights back, i vow to the following:

dig through the war zone that has become my room. everything on the bed is clean. the stuff on the floor is dirty. and i'm disgusting. i can't believe i am putting this out there for all of you to see. but i am a slob. at least, i have been for the last 5 weeks. now that i have my nights back... i will be clean again! and laundry will actually hang in the closet before it's dirty again.

i vow to take my fat butt to the gym. seriously. i'm getting out of control. "you're not faaaaaaaaaaaaaaat" my ass! i can't even squeeze mine into denim anymore without cutting the circulation off at the waist. and it's disgusting.

i vow to read my school books and do homework at home. it's not WORKwork.

i vow to start reading an extra-curricular book again. and scott, this means Eleanor Rigby will be finished this week. sigh. broke diaries.... here we come!

i vow to reorganize my bills, budget, and ... in general LIFE.

and last but certainly not least... i vow to learn to walk with my son. he's been walking since Tuesday and while i've enjoyed every second of it, i've failed to really RELISH in the simple pleasure of getting from point A to point B in the same manner that he does. So, now, we will be at the parks again. we will be walking, exploring, and playing. I am ready to get back to mommyhood and really WATCHING my son.

The first steps a baby takes... are into your heart!

Ready to be Chriselda again. Conchita, it's been nice! Really nice! but i'm ready to have my life back. and ready for it to BRING IT ON!!!!

15 Comments:

At 6:49 AM , Blogger BRANDY said...

Congrats on successful performances. You rawked the stage, now rawk all the vows.

you go girl...okay that was lamo, but who cares. lol.

 
At 7:20 AM , Blogger Scott said...

Glad that the shows went well. I am looking forward to what you think about the rest of Eleanor Rigby.

Laken looks great walking there!!

scott

 
At 8:25 AM , Blogger Brynne said...

That bed better cleaned off by Friday! HAHAHA i can't wait to see you perform!

 
At 9:17 AM , Blogger sarah said...

go Laken go!
he looks adorable!

CONGRATS on the play!
I was thinking about you this weekend, wondering how it went! So glad to hear it went very well! YAY!

xoxox

 
At 10:33 AM , Blogger Valerie said...

So happy that the play is going so well!! I bet you rock at the performance!! and getting flowers is always nice!! Congrats!! Yay for laken walking, the pic is cute...maybe we'll see some scrap pages soon of your cutie son!!

 
At 1:04 PM , Blogger caroline said...

yay for the performances going well!!!!
and laken is soooo cute! yay for him walking too!!

 
At 4:18 PM , Blogger Jocelyn said...

this is weird, but i've always wondered if actors and actresses really do have sex when their characters are supposed to. that's probably one of those weird things to wonder, but ANYWAY.

good for you for getting your life on track. you and me both, baby.

 
At 7:09 PM , Blogger Christielli said...

Congratulations on opening weekend!!!

Awww.... what a cute picture of your son.

 
At 7:39 PM , Blogger X said...

Glad the play went great! And sooo cuuuute that Laken is walking! :)

Don;t worry about the slob-ness...I'm a closet slob so I feel your pain! :)

 
At 1:48 PM , Blogger Amber said...

dude...dry humping in public? You are one brave ass actress!! I LOVE IT! LOL I love you and love how excited about life you are. So freakin inspiring to me. Congrats to you on doing something you have always wanted to do. XO AN

 
At 9:21 AM , Blogger Jamie said...

OMG, I'm so glad that everything went well with your play! I was totally thinking about you this weekend!

You dry-humper you. :)

 
At 9:53 AM , Blogger Jill said...

congratulations you! you dry humped on stage!? now thats hot! (in my best paris hilton voice) :P

 
At 2:32 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

hmmm. i thought i commented on this. anyways, i'm glad the show went well! i love that your family saw you dry humping on a table. now that's classy. ;)

and he's already walking? wow!

 
At 7:30 PM , Blogger Raina* said...

I don't knwo which left me more surprised.

You dry humping the night away or that picture of your bed!!!

 
At 7:31 PM , Blogger Raina* said...

Awwww, so refreshing...no word verification on your blog.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home