Just As i Am...

3.23.2006


ok... so i'm pretty brave putting myself out there like this. but here it is...

MY PIMPLE!!!!

not only did i get this thing the week before the play opens, but at 2 o'clock yesterday afternoon, my director called me and said "i forgot to tell you we have headshots for the play tonight. they will hang in the hall during the show, so you'll want to put your best face forward..."

why?! WHY ME?! soooooo, because i am completely gullible - i decided to put toothpaste on my face to dry it out.

can i just say - it DOESN'T WORK. and this thing is soooooo big that even concealer won't cover it up.

so i sat down to take my photo and asked the photographer to Photoshop it out. No biggie. i can do it. raina can do it. april can do it. And he said, "what? your mole?" and i gasped! It's not a mole! it's just a pimple the size of one. a couple of people suggested i should a put a dot of brown eyeliner on it and pass it off as a beauty mark. But don't you think people would get a little curious when i don't have it the night of the shows?

argh! so. such is life.

Next week - volunteering at the United Way. Starting my Moc Doctor rounds at the hospital! YAY! i have two rotations in Surgery which makes me feel very Meredith Grey.

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand - because i am constantly ragging on people's teeth - i have bad karma!
i have been whitening mine for a while now and was flossing the other day when i realized it is very possible that i might have receding gum lines. My roots for two of my teeth are ALMOST exposed!!! i'm freakin' out. my teeth are going to fall out! So i have a dentist appt. next week as well. He's going to yank out all my teeth and replace them with horse teeth. (what i like to call fake teeth) I'm too young for dentures!
Bold
Then... ladies and gentleman - my play opens on Thursday. Seven showings over the next two weekends. I'm really excited and nervous and scared. Our newspaper ad comes out tomorrow... i'll try to provide a link if there is one!

love you all! i'm off to get some scrappin' done!

12 Comments:

At 3:39 PM , Blogger sarah said...

don't know about the toothpaste thing...but witch hazel dries out pimples.
really, it works (I've used it).
You can get it in the first aide type section of the pharmacy (or grocery store even).

good luck with the play!!!!

xoxox.

 
At 4:30 PM , Blogger Christielli said...

Good luck with your play and enjoy your rotations!

 
At 8:11 PM , Blogger Scott said...

Wow, that is brave of you to put that picture out there. Good stuff... I am wishing you all the best with the play. I am very excited for you and know that everything will go great.

Scott

 
At 7:52 AM , Blogger BRANDY said...

You are going to rawk on stage! Good luck and have fun!

 
At 8:29 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

ohhh you are crackin me up with the zit! I tried the toothpaste thing once too...did not work so well either!
Good luck with it!

 
At 9:07 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

good luck with your play! that is so exciting! and don't feel bad, i have a volcanoe erupting on my chin.

 
At 9:10 AM , Blogger Brynne said...

I can't wait to see your play!!!!!
You are going to be awesome!!!
Love ya girlie!

 
At 9:21 AM , Blogger X said...

Good luck withyour play, hun! It sucks about the pimple.....and yeah I hate the toothpaste thing. It only works on itty bitty ones...not the other ones. I'm surethe pic turned out great! :) Gotta love photoshop!

Good luck on therounds too....very GA...I will start calling you Meredith :)

 
At 10:27 AM , Blogger Valerie said...

I hate how pimples show up when they know that there's something big and especially when there's a pic involved. Sorry!! I never heard about putting toothpaste on. So exciting that your play starts next weekend!! Goodluck!!

 
At 11:13 AM , Blogger Greta Adams said...

BWHAHAHAHA you have a mole!!! Good luck with the play...glad someone has scrappin mojo cause sista here sure don't..YAY for moc doctor rounds

 
At 9:48 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I too have receding gums! I totally freaked out when I found out (I don't know if you remember or not... I was so upset), but I don't think it's time for fake ones quite yet ;)
Good luck on the play and in your Meredith role... it's gonna be awesome!!

 
At 8:45 AM , Blogger Barb said...

I hear your pimple pain. Luckily, I work with 13 year olds. My pimples go unnoticed because they're so obsessed with their own.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home