Just As i Am...

2.03.2006

Baby Fever...

happy FRIDAY everyone!
today starts my week. while the rest of you are off enjoying the "extra six weeks of winter" in your capri pants and flip flops... i will be work work working...

This week has gone by incredibly fast! Included a Physics and Calculus test, getting to play with e. coli in my Microbiology Lab, going to a meeting for my MOCK DOC program this semester! That's right, they are going to put me in the hospital and allow me to walk around pretending to be a doctor! YAY ME! I will have a round in Internal Medicine, Radiology, Social work, Medical Lab, Surgery, Emergency Medicine, Obstetrics (bring on the babies), and Pediatrics!!! I am so excited i can't even express it. I just smile. Stupidly.

Don't you just love my son's flirty eyes? I don't know where he gets the flirtation from! Seriously, this is the look he gives everyone. I think i underestimate his sneakiness...

I also took Laken to the park this week for his very first time. I had the afternoon off one day and decided it "was time."

I can't even begin to tell you how amazing it is to see my child this happy! It is the best reward as a parent. He embraces this big bad world with no fear and i admire that. he's not apprehensive or worried. He just lives. I wish i could be more like that. He looks at things from every angle. He studies it. HARD!! but only for the sake of looking. not to judge, or scrutinize. he still attacks everything without a care in the world. and i envy that! I thought he would freak out on the swings... but he didn't. He just laughed and kicked his feet like mad!

My little boy. He's not even my baby anymore. I can't say "i have a baby." I have a little boy! And everyday he grows up. He just took off at the park. He's not walking, but he thinks he can. I set him down on the ground and just let him get dirty and crawl around in it. We went down the slides, climbed on the playground... and he just LOVED it!

We'll have to do this more often. Because my son gave this park his stamp of approval. He stuck out his tongue. and when he does this (and continues to keep it out like this for 20 minutes straight) i can only assume that he is trying to say, "Mom, you RAWK for bringing me to this place!!!!!"

There - now you've seen updated pictures of my TEN MONTH OLD!!! and for others of you - you know that Laken is my son... not my pet. Although, what's the difference really??? (wow, that sound worse than i meant it to...)

22 Comments:

At 6:48 AM , Blogger Kirsten said...

Laken is adorable! Glad he had fun at the park. The park is one of Clayton's favorite places in the whole world!

 
At 7:22 AM , Blogger mikster said...

Sweet!....Sounds like you both had a great time.

 
At 7:37 AM , Blogger Scott said...

Great great pictures. He looks so happy. That is great!! Too bad we can't all be as fearless of the world than he is isn't it?

Scott

 
At 8:39 AM , Blogger sarah said...

Laken is too stinkin' cute! Glad you had a great time at the park...ah, to be that fearless again! That would be sweet!

How exciting about the mock doc thing! Sounds way cool!

 
At 9:55 AM , Blogger Greta Adams said...

GIRL he is the most handsome lil man...I hate also that they grow up so fast..they have the rest of their lives to be adults why can't they stay babies long..that just sucks...

 
At 11:24 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

how adorable is HE?!?!? lovin it...

 
At 12:15 PM , Blogger Jolene said...

OMG! He looks just like you! So cute! Thanks for Sharing! I have been wondering how old he was. Carter is 9 months. He is trying to walk but cant yet, too funny. Glad u guys well...Laken had sooo much fun at the park. Too cold here to take the boys and suppose to get colder....BRRRR! Hey are u still not smoking?

 
At 12:24 PM , Blogger Amy said...

Love the "L" pics! I can't believe how big he's getting. It feels like we just had your baby shower!

The Mock Doc sounds awesome....and I have no idea where you're going to find time to do it....but you always do!

I'm so jealous of how you utilize your time. I'm such a lazy bum!

 
At 1:11 PM , Blogger Amber said...

omg. girl. your words. you explained the love of a mama perfectly. admiration. he is so stinking cute and I cannot believe how big he has gotten! :o)
Love this post...love it.

 
At 1:40 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Laken is so stinkin cute!! What a big boy for 10 months...they get so big so fast, don't they? I am a sucker for those brown eyes too...they make you melt!

 
At 2:32 PM , Blogger tg said...

He is SO cute. It actually makes me think I might want one...someday.

 
At 7:37 PM , Blogger angieoh! said...

OMG!!! He is so freaking cute! I think you are right - time to attack the world without so much fear... I will help you if you help me!

 
At 9:01 PM , Blogger Valerie said...

He is such a cutie!! And those flirtatious eyes...he'll have the girls falling all over him!! So glad you two had fun at the park!!

 
At 9:54 PM , Blogger -jason- said...

you're son is way cute.

probably the best part about being a kid is experiencing everything for the first time. everything's new. everything's exciting. it's great that you got a day off to spend with your son.

good luck with the work!

 
At 10:18 PM , Blogger X said...

He is SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO cute! :)

If only we could all still live the care-free life as children that age, non-judgemental and grabbing life by the horns. Perahps one day we will learn to do that again. ::fingers crossed:: Here's hoping! :)

 
At 11:13 PM , Blogger Jocelyn said...

he is so so so so so so so cute.
that's so x7.
adorable. LOVE it.

 
At 1:31 PM , Blogger caroline said...

laken is so cute. awwwww
have fun on that mock doc thing., that sounds cool!!!

 
At 9:45 PM , Blogger island jen said...

OMG....look at him!! He still has baby cheeks...I love it... i just want to hug him and give him all kinds of lovin' and kisses!! So, so adorable girl...and they love those swings...Draven's hair is getting soo long it blows in the wind!!

 
At 6:13 AM , Blogger J and D said...

those pictures are fabulous! what a cutie!

 
At 9:14 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

houston!!!

 
At 10:28 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

OH MY GOSH! THat is the cutest bath tub pic of I have ever seen! He's gonna be a heart breaker!

 
At 5:45 PM , Blogger Raina* said...

OMFingG, Laken is one cute boy.....almost wrote baby but caught myself.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home