Just As i Am...

9.26.2006

awwww shucks

first off, THANKS to the birthday wishes and goodies over at the peas place! loved it all.

second. still working on school computers. i actually sent the specs for my new computer this morning. woooot! so maybe i'll be running by next week. i guess i should've cancelled my internet services for a month since it's been THAT long.

oh well.

Inquiring minds wanna know:

The birthday girl washed laundry (and lots of it). i even put it away!
i spent the day watching 40 Year Old Virgin and Mr and Mrs Smith on HBO sporadically
on the actual "day" i went to church
then my super sweet auntie cooked me a special lunch of pot roast, tortellini salad, and pineapple upside down cake. There were no candles due to the fire hazard they threaten.
Had a nap (which was interrupted by a million and one phone calls)
put together a new kitchen table (can we say "i'm bringin' SCRAPPIN' back????")
and then watched 40 Year Old Virgin again...
bwahahaha
loved it! i took the whole weekend off. off from EVERYTHING
no work. no crap. no stores. no shopping. i was just at home. nice

laken (and jessica) got me this "Mother's Love Ring"
i love this thing!

the night before laken was sick and i had plans to go out.
and i don't deserve points for saying this - but i stayed home
and it was just natural. and what i was. WHERE i was.
so this ring is just perfect. thank you a ton of times over Jessica!
i love you long time!

tried to watch Donnie Darko last night. my friend amy gave it to me since it has my man Jake Gyllenhaal in it. not to mention his sister, Maggie, which i think is super hot and talented. (but mostly hot) I got through about ten minutes, saw the ghost/alien/boogie man thing and decided i should sleep instead. must watch in daylight hours.

Auditioned for Christmas Carol (musical) at the Amarillo Little Theater last night. i find out Thursday at noon. the part i wanted was Emily - young Scrooge's girlfriend. she has about two minutes in the show. i want it! but i get there. and find out she's 18. bwahahaha. ummmm clearly, i'm NOT 18. maybe i'll get another part.

alright. off to class. and to prepare for a test over the 206 bones in the body.

geez.us. all i want to do is cut people open for the rest of my life. do i really need to know all of this stuff????

14 Comments:

At 8:27 AM , Blogger sarah said...

good to see you posting!
glad you had a good birthday!

 
At 8:57 AM , Blogger Scott said...

I can't believe that you lied to me when I asked if your b day was coming up. I am in shock right now.

I feel like a jerk for missing it!!

Happy belated birthday!!!

Scott

 
At 11:54 AM , Blogger BRANDY said...

Geesh...where have I been...you had a birthday?!?!? Seriously out of the loop for sure! Love ya sista and I will make it up to you....I pinkie promise!

 
At 5:39 PM , Blogger Raina* said...

ooh lalala, that is a really pretty ring. you deserve it.

happiest belated birthday to you.
umm, i haven't a clue how to post to 2peas.....so you'll have to wait till my tag reaches your house to see it.

umm, i need your address too!!
bwa-hahahaha
i like to mail direct....and amber hasn't gotten back to me with your address.

xox

p.s. yes, maggie is hot. possibly even hotter than jake.

 
At 6:02 PM , Blogger Kat said...

sounds like you've been busy busy, but having fun!! happy bday, by the way
and i love donny darko! hope you finally got to watch it

 
At 11:46 PM , Blogger gloria said...

seriously? 206?

Wow, I had no idea.

Glad your b-day was a good one...I didn't see a thread on 2Peas, so I just put mine on my blog...but I think by now it should have made it to Amber so it can make its way to you.

:)

Happy belated B-day Momma!! DId ya save me some Pineapple Upside Down Cake?? (I was craving that just the other day, too!!)

 
At 8:02 AM , Blogger Valerie said...

Happy birthday!! I love that ring you got, it's so pretty!! Lucky you!! So glad you had a good and relaxing birthday!!

 
At 10:57 AM , Blogger Kristi @ Mi Vida Ocupada said...

Happy Birthday! Sorry you didn't get any love from me, but I was thinking about you :)
I LOVE Donnie Darko. One of my favoritews because it is so weird. You have to watch iut a few times with others and then discuss it. Hope you like it!

 
At 10:59 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday! Sorry you didn't get any love from me, but I was thinking about you :)
I LOVE Donnie Darko. One of my favoritews because it is so weird. You have to watch iut a few times with others and then discuss it. Hope you like it!

 
At 5:29 PM , Blogger caroline said...

happy, happy birthday, girl!!! :)
i hope you get a cool part!!

 
At 7:05 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

what a pretty ring!!!
good luck with your audition!

 
At 6:46 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

firstly, I am sorry.
no one even bothered to tell me it was your effing birfday. or else i am so effing blind and self absorbed with biopsychology that i just did not notice the email, but i really don't think anyone told me. so i am really sorry. i hope it was fantastic anyway. and i hope you get to be the 18 year old girl :D

 
At 10:23 AM , Blogger Greta Adams said...

glad you had a great one and LOVE that ring

 
At 4:31 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey
i hope you get the part
and yes
i think you better learn the bones
if you want to do surgery on me

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home