Just As i Am...

8.07.2006

just updating cause i have to



my life sucks right now

lemme sum it up

work. school. moving. laundry

i sold some furniture this past weekend because the new place is the size of the Blue Banana which can fit into the bathroom at a famous Beverly Hills Hotel. tell me what Movie i'm quoting and i'll send you a little sumfin sumfin. (not to mention, i'll begin to think we're soulmates and share the same brain... and love for movies)

anyway, this is my desk at the electric company. a job that threw me a curveball last night and may soon become a thing of the past. truth is. i hate my job. hate what i do. hate talking to people about bills they can't afford. wish i could tell some of them that they shouldn't be so worried about the $2ooo fish they own - dying because their electricity got shut off for non-payment. priorities people.

i wish i could tell people to eff off sometimes. i know i'm just a customer service rep. and i can wear shorts, flip flops, a t-shirt and no make up to work everyday. but back off a bit buddy. i don't make the rules. our company doesn't make the rules. the public utilities commision does. and if i have to hear one more person ask me for a refund on the money they're paying for electricity while they are experiencing a power outage...

YOU HAVE NO ELECTRICITY YOUR METER IS NOT MOVING. YOU ARE NOT BEING CHARGED!!!

wow, this has turned into a work rant. not my intentions. so here's the deal.

i have no internet. i'm moving this week. i'm stressed about missing Project Runway this week. pissed about the finale of The Hills last week. relieved that i have FOUR DAYS LEFT OF PHYSICS II! and that i might pull off a B. "might" people... "might"

and just for giggles, why do we say "mighnt" ??? always wanted to know!

20 Comments:

At 11:39 AM , Blogger BRANDY said...

Ummm...Pretty Woman. And I quote Kit...Cinder-f**kin-rella. email me your new addy and I will have the secret in the mail to you.

 
At 12:37 PM , Blogger Kirsten said...

Val beat me to it, but I knew the reference to Pretty Woman. I seriously shudder to think how many times I've watched that movie. I can quote the whole thing. Great, great movie.

 
At 2:55 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

ahhhh...
someone already said pretty woman
and i never get these

 
At 4:12 PM , Blogger sarah said...

wish I could help you out someway...
take a little stress off ya or something! :(

ahh...love Pretty Woman.
I've watched that way too many times in my life.

 
At 5:50 PM , Blogger angieoh! said...

I am so glad you snuck in a post. do you really need that blanket at work?? :)

 
At 6:16 PM , Blogger Kat said...

ooooh. yeah, i was thinking pretty woman, but can i say that now? someone else beat me too it.
sorry that work is being no good
and yay for a B in physics! even if you get a C, better than i ever did. i dropped that class so many freakin times........

 
At 6:36 PM , Blogger CrunchyChick said...

I'd so be one of those jackasses asking for my thirty-four cents back during a power outage. Not because I care about the pennies. But because I quite seriously did not put two and two together. I really thought we kept getting charged. How terrible, huh?

It's not just me though. I polled a few people. Apparently we're all backwater idiots up here in Alaska. :) Our most sincere apologies for the atrocities our kind have committed.

(If it helps, I've never actually called to ask for a refund of monies paid. Merely thought about it idly while playing with flashlights and cats.)

 
At 7:28 PM , Blogger Barb said...

Definitely Pretty Woman. So Pretty Woman. The ultimate urban fairy tale.

Congrats on the physics course! You rock!

 
At 8:15 PM , Blogger Valerie said...

You poor thing, try to relax a little!! your moving again, what happened?! Take care!!

 
At 8:40 PM , Blogger -jason- said...

sounds like you're swamped... i am definitely not envious of you... but... i do wish you much luck in the move, the job (i've also done customer service before and it blows), and physics (which i'm sending extra good vibes for, cause i went through that class and hated it with a passion).

 
At 8:54 PM , Blogger JB said...

REG BEV WIL

 
At 7:37 AM , Blogger Greta Adams said...

pretty woman baby...i love love love that movie...it is my favorite...girl people are ignorant just over look them....does taht help? i am going to try and call you tonight!!
smmoches

 
At 9:11 AM , Blogger Brynne said...

So after you get all moved and settled in i'm comin to town and we're gonna dance and dance and dance and dance.... ok maybe not since i don't really dance but seriously, i think you need another break from life and have some Brynne time :)

 
At 10:42 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

i've never in my life said mighnt. lol.

 
At 5:04 PM , Blogger caroline said...

g'luck with the moving. and physics. and everything.

 
At 7:17 PM , Blogger Amber said...

arg. i hear ya bout people freakin out about stuff.
drives me bonkers.
yippppeee for the b babe!
super pumped.
for you.
so proud.
xo

 
At 8:42 AM , Blogger e said...

heehee...
i love pretty woman...
b in physics eh?
yeah, no...we don't share the same brain....heehee...I WISH!
that's awesome...
the part of the brain we do share is movielove...musiclove....and getting pissed off at annoying people that ask dumb questions...
we share THAT part. HA!
xxxe

 
At 10:00 PM , Blogger Amy said...

Work it Baby, Work it.

Do I get the prize for LAST PERSON TO READ YOUR BLOG??

I should.

Good luck with your new place. I still think it's cute, even though it's schmall. Just think how small it's going to look when you get all of your SB stuff in there. HA!

 
At 3:29 PM , Blogger gloria said...

LOL at the one's wanting a refund on the electricity they aren't paying for!!

:)

I think Pretty Woman was the first movie I bought when I moved out of Mom's house.

awww, I was so young!!

 
At 3:17 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Enjoyed a lot! Cheapest tenuate pills two lips shoes ferrari carano Eyeglasses dkny Internet security 2005 home ferrari uhren culinary school in maryland Black widow vehicle security system manual realtor license plate frames http://www.scholarships-2.info/Ferrari_456m_gt_wheel_cover.html Book stores in cisco tx texas

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home