Just As i Am...

2.01.2007

just because i CAN!!!!

sooooo. the good ol' camera is back! and let me tell you that three months of photo research and really dealing with this passion has been such a pain. and NOW i get to play again!


















the best part of a taco
is the grease
trust me on this one








































this is my gramma
she's such a faithful person
and i had intended to write this
well thought out
and eloquently spoken post

but it's 1am
she prays
constantly
and i'll remember her for it









this is my favorite
but i'm a sucker for the black and white


















i forgot how to use my canon
since the studio uses nikon
and i realized my shutter was
like 30 seconds
in Manual Mode
so this was a close up of my gramma's
rosary
and totally blurry
you can see the cross
i dunno... i kinda like it!

















the story behind this is
my gramma has jesus/god everywhere
i have a ton more photos of her house
and all her religious knacks
i'll post a link soon
but she has her Rosary (prayer beads)
collection overflowing!
she has one in ever purse (around 10)
and several on her bed
and has a little altar type thing with candles and rosaries
my MOM is named "Rosario" (rose-r-eo) which is spanish for rosary.





and lastly, i got a new lens for my camera
it's a 50mm fixed lens
but can shoot at 1.8
this... this is the grand look
look how gorgeous that DOF is!!!
and that's my friend alison, aka my manager
also got a GARY FONG flash sphere
to help diffuse the harshness of flash
this is my camera at 50mm f1.8 and Canon 580ex with the fong sphere at ISO 400

superb!
look for more pics to come now that i'm back in business!!!!

7 Comments:

At 7:51 AM , Blogger Greta Adams said...

i like the blurry rosary one...it hink its cool

they all come out great

 
At 9:01 AM , Blogger Scott said...

That new lense is amazing... good stuff.

So happy that you got the camera back.

 
At 11:43 AM , Blogger Chandra said...

Your grandma pictures are beauty... definetly worth 100o words +

 
At 6:28 PM , Blogger Valerie said...

YAY!! On getting your camera back!! Love all the pics!! Especially the one with your grandma's hands holding the rosary!! Amazing!!

 
At 12:48 AM , Blogger caroline said...

YAY for getting the camera back!
and isn't the 50mm amazing?! looooooooooove mine! (actually it's the only lens i have at the moment. i need to buy another)

 
At 12:48 AM , Blogger caroline said...

oh and the pics are AWESOME

 
At 8:48 AM , Blogger BRANDY said...

Seriously I am impressed by your skills.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home