Just As i Am...

10.17.2006

it wasn't my intention to mislead you... it never should have been this way. what can i say?

i put a cardigan over my grey and red striped shirt
paired with grey sweat shorts
and slipped on my fuzzy house shoes

went to Blockbuster to rent this:
please watch the trailer HERE!!!!
it's a little peak into the show i'm doing!
so exciting!
i have so many visions

i'm a toy soldier!
and we all fall down... like toy soldiers

so i see my friend josh (who plays Tiny Tim's dad) there filling out an application for a membership. and i run up from behind him. wrap my arms around his waist and say "you have a dance solooooooooooooo" all while shaking my boobs all over him. he turns around and looks at me and says "i'm sorry?"

gawd! i totally felt up a complete stranger!!! it was so embarrasing. i apologized profusely and ran away. as quickly as possible without my feet slipping out of my fuzzy slippers!

Yelled at the daycare teacher today.
the last week i've picked my child up and he's had dried up boogers on his face.
i made it a point to clean his face and say "mommy doesn't like it when your face is dirty" in front of her. today - i walk in and he has SPIT hanging on the back of his head. the teacher giggles and said one of the kids must have slobbered on him. i am frustrated at this point. top it all off - my son has a dirty face again.
so i say "i don't want to be rude, but can you keep his face clean?"
"he has a runny nose"
"yeah i know. but these are dry and crusty boogers CAKED on his face"
"i cleaned his nose when i changed his diaper"
"so you only clean it once an hour????"
.....silence....
"i get really aggravated when i pick him up and he has a dirty face. i didn't bring him in here dirty. i don't want him to be dirty when i come get him."
"I'll keep it clean" (insert snippy attitude)
"i need to sign him out"
(holds clipboard) "i'll do it!"
"ok!"
and i walk out. seriously. am i asking too much?? i'm so passive agressive. i've spent the last week and a half hinting to her. and i had a bad monday at work. and combine a little misplaced anger and a booger crusted face.... and you get screamed at, lady!

all i'm asking is that when my son's facial orifices leak a bodily fluid/mucus that you clean it off. i can't keep my son from getting sick if you let him and ten other children walk around with boogers on their faces and hands. not to mention slobber on the back of his head.

now i'm afraid she's going to treat laken differently

i should've strangle her with my long armpit hair!

anyway
it's 2 am
i can't sleep
this is the second night in a row

week full of midterms and dance rehearsals starts tomorrow
verdict on the camera repair = $250
anyone want to take up a love offering?

15 Comments:

At 3:31 AM , Blogger gloria said...

1. NO you are NOT asking too much. That is common sense....and one of the things a GOOD caretaker does, she makes sure to wipe noses in a timely manner.
Will she get to it as soon as it starts? Maybe not, but she SHOULD get to it before it hits the mouth! ::gags::
2. OMGosh i would have totally DIED if i had rubbed my boobs all over a stranger! DIED.

LOL

 
At 6:04 AM , Blogger Kirsten said...

That's what your child care providers are paid to do. Look after and take care of your son. I'd talk to the director too, because if she's not wiping Laken's face, she's probably not wiping other kids faces too. And lets face it. It's getting into cold-season, and kids are going to have runny noses and at that age can't wipe thier own noses, and the teachers should be doing that. I'd be livid too.

 
At 6:07 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Still LMAO at the boob shak'n going on in blockbuster. I bet he went home happy man ;) If I had some extra $$ I send it your way for the camera. As far as the boogers go, next time I'd ask her how'd she like to walk around with slobber in her hair and dried boogers on her face!?!?! That mean lady!!

 
At 6:29 AM , Blogger Scott said...

Stangle her with your arm pit hair... now there is a great image!

Rubbing your boobs all over the stranger... I am sure that he did not mind.

Scott

 
At 9:35 AM , Blogger sarah said...

OH MY GOSH.
I would DIE of embarrassment if I had rubbed my boobs on a stranger...SO funny though. Only you Chriselda, only you! :)

And no...you are totally not asking too much from the child care lady. Like Glo said, it's common sense and things a GOOD caretaker does. Poor Laken...hopefully she starts paying better attention to him. :(

 
At 11:18 AM , Blogger elizabeth said...

girl! i am fuckin' rollin' over here. i wish i could have been with ya cuz i prolly would have pissed my pants while i was rollin' on the floor laughing.

holy shit that made my day.

i'm with ya on the laken situation. i mean you do pay them to take care of him, the least they could do is wipe up his snotty nose. its a wonder that daycares are full of germs.

lmao...i'm still laughing at ya girl.

 
At 12:32 PM , Blogger Greta Adams said...

ditto what elizabeth said....girl i would have blown a gasket myself...

 
At 2:31 PM , Blogger BRANDY said...

Geesh...boogers...laken is known for crusty boogers? ooo...don't let him be that kid. Disgusting. $250? holy crap-o-la! I have to wait until January for one now.

 
At 7:13 PM , Blogger Barb said...

It's worth growing your armpit hair out just to have it long enough to easily strangle people like that!

 
At 8:02 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh my god, you felt up a stranger? lmao.

 
At 8:36 PM , Blogger xobellaaimox said...

omg lmao. i always wanted snot hanging off the back of my head :(

 
At 9:13 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

if you get a picture of you strangling the day care woman with your long armpit hair... i'll give you $250... seriously.

 
At 1:04 PM , Blogger Kristi @ Mi Vida Ocupada said...

Too funny about the guy at the video store! I wonder what he thought about that??!! lmao

 
At 8:01 PM , Blogger justem said...

I think I would have smacked that lady...how annoying. And that guy...you are too funny. You should've been like..."what...you didn't like it? common...you know you liked it!" and walked away!!

 
At 12:38 PM , Blogger Mad Munkey said...

So 10 minutes before you get there, she'll clean him, but not for the rest of the day. Think about it.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home