Just As i Am...

7.30.2006

ummmmmm

i went to class on thursday at 730 a.m.
had a physics worksheet to pick up and complete
took all of five minutes
lecture starts at 945 so i basically had two hours to burn
two hours!!!!!!
what's a girl to do?
i went back to my car and passed out
about 830 i realize it's getting hot and i'm sweating so i turn the car on and let the AC run. and fall asleep again. at 915, i'm awakened by someone tapping on my window. i open my eyes and there stands a police officer! ok. i'm not too fond of cops. they always want to take me to jail. so i FREAK out. he asks me to get out of the car. and i do. i'm standing there, my leg is asleep, i'm disoriented, probably still asleep too. and this girl runs around the car and starts heading toward me with her arms extended, "are you okaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay?!"
"yes"
"i was so worried about you. you were asleep in your car, with the engine running!"
(i look around and notice there are TWO cop cars behind mine. and another police officer holding a jimmy trying to get her car unlocked)
"yeah, i'm fine"
"i was so worried that i locked my keys in my car. i was startled"

i just stand there for a bit. trying to digest everything. and then the police officer looks at me. it's 9am, i'm sweaty, stinking, have no make up on, tshirt and shorts, and i just got caught sleeping in my car. "do you have a place to stay? where do you live?"
"i live in amarillo"
"ok. so... in a house? or apartment"
"ummmmm. a house???" (i answered him with a question! i hope "house" was the right answer. ummm... Why is this cop asking me stupid questions for 500 please)

and then he proceeds to ask me questions about my major. my class schedule. and i inform him that i had a five minute lab and two hours to kill before lecture so i came to sleep in the car. and then he asks if i'm "ok" and over and over asks if i "live in amarillo" with an emphasis on LIVE.

i say yes numerous times and then he says ok. and psycho girl that couldn't mind her own business is just sitting there staring at me. and then they both walk off. she turns around and says "i was just so worried about you."

i get back in my car. and start replaying things in my head. i look around and notice my surroundings.

Laken just got a pillow from my mom as a gift because he LOVES pillows. so it was in the car.
My cousin Lucy just gave me a bag full of clothes her son had outgrown. my front seat has two cups in the holder from Olive Garden. my purse, makeup bag, perfume, deodorant, and saline solution (for after the nap) are all lying in the front seat. i take a blanket to work every day to lay across my lap because it's flippin' cold in the offices. and i realize: HE THOUGHT I WAS HOMELESS!!!! i was sleeping in my car, with a pillow and a blanket. and everything but the bathroom sink on my passenger's seat, and a bag (trash bag) full of clothes in the back seat. no wonder he kept asking me if i lived in amarillo.

so that was my day. homeless. he thought i was homeless....

(this is "Things that only happen to me #932)

thank you.
and i'm not homeless

19 Comments:

At 7:58 AM , Blogger Greta Adams said...

bwhahahahah!!! chriselda you need to write a freaking book for publishing...hey look on the bright side your ass isn't in the big house AGAIN...thanks god...hey did ya pay that ticket or should i tip them your once again a fugitive.....laughing until i am snorting!!

 
At 8:29 AM , Blogger missquiss said...

oh for crying out loud! what a day!

I've got a garbage bag full of dry cleaning in my backseat. I'd better not take any naps.

 
At 8:47 AM , Blogger angieoh! said...

Chriselda, Chriselda, Chriselda... girl, you have the strangest things happen to you. :) Glad it all worked out for the best... sorry I had to cut our call short last night... I will fill you in later.

 
At 9:57 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

ohhhh girl!!!!!!! Too funny!

 
At 10:31 AM , Blogger CrunchyChick said...

I envy your life! It seems you never have a boring moment!

 
At 10:59 AM , Blogger JB said...

lol OMG!

 
At 1:07 PM , Blogger Jill said...

hahaahahah. well heck, if he thought you were homeless, then more power to you for livin in the car in order to go to college. we all gotta make sacrifices somewhere along the line :P

only you chica!

 
At 5:47 PM , Blogger island jen said...

omg...that is just to freakin' funny!! i hope you took pics of the car, cuz for real...that's a page waiting to happen!

 
At 5:59 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Too funny, but I'm sure you didn't think it was *that funny* when you realized what he was thinking. Sorry it happened to you, but at least it gave you some great material to write about. Keep on smiling.

 
At 6:34 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's freaking hilarious! (And look! I'm reading! And commenting!!)

 
At 7:14 PM , Blogger Barb said...

Hilarious! This will serve as my reminder to always clean my car.

 
At 9:51 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

only you!

 
At 11:45 PM , Blogger Monica said...

dude..seriously freakin lmao over here!!


oh, but i'm glad you didnt get arrested hehe.

 
At 8:24 AM , Blogger Jamie said...

OMG.

You seriously have the best stories ever, lol! You freaking crack me up!!! :)

 
At 8:45 AM , Blogger sarah said...

OMG...that's awesome.
LOVE your stories...thanks for the monday morning laugh! :)

 
At 9:16 AM , Blogger Kirsten said...

You really do have the craziest things happen to you girl!

 
At 10:32 AM , Blogger Scott said...

Stay off the street you vagrant!!

scott

 
At 8:05 AM , Blogger elizabeth said...

lmao...girl, look at it this way, at least someone out there cared about ya :)

 
At 1:43 PM , Blogger Raina* said...

Chriselda, you take the effing cake with your homeless story!!

Never have I laughed soo hard. I freeking called my mom to read her your post!!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home