Just As i Am...

7.06.2006

sigh... has it been two weeks yet?

There are few things sadder in this life than watching someone walk away after they've left you, watching the distance between your bodies expand until there's nothing... but empty space and silence.


soooo....
for the next fourteen days my son will not be with me. he will not be in the city. or the state. or the time zone even...

he will be in Pennsylvania!

i'm so depressed. and sad. (in case those are two different things)

this morning was a total hell saying goodbye. my dad took off into the wide world of travel. my mom, dad, and brother are on vacation. going to see the grandparents. the gravel flew about the driveway as my dad peeled out and there i stood in the driveway of their house. crying. their take off was akin to ripping a bandaid off a wound.

for the last 15 months i've spent maybe a handful of nights away from my son. he is my stability. my reason. my everything. my life. and now... now i'm sitting in my house alone. and there is no little boy running around. and i'm not crying because i don't think it's really registered that he won't be running around for another 14 days. i haven't picked up his toys. thrown out his diaper from last night. nothing.

sigh.

but. school starts monday. i'm working like a mad woman. and time... time just HAS to go by quickly. i'm leaving it no choice. it HAS to. because if it takes too long... i'll go insane.

seriously

20 Comments:

At 9:11 PM , Blogger Amber said...

i feel this same pain every other weekend.
it will go fast. you have to enjoy it....it's hard....trust me....but it's better than going crazy.
relax.
do some things YOU want to do...
he will be back soon.
XO

 
At 12:01 AM , Blogger JB said...

aww, I'm so sorry sweetie! That really sucks! I have no words of wisdom for you. IM me when ya need, I'll try to cheer you up, ok? HUGS!!!

 
At 1:26 AM , Blogger Michelle W. said...

awww... Hugs!!!

 
At 3:28 AM , Blogger gloria said...

Oh, sweetie...I am so there with you.

My boy one went away for a week this year to the gold coast for a school camp trip. I was heartbroken!!

((hugs))

 
At 5:25 AM , Blogger angieoh! said...

Chriselda... you are such a fabulous mom, I know this is tough but hang in there and do a few things for yourself! Once school starts you will be so busy...just use this time to regroup, have a little fun and r and r. (rest and relaxation or rock and roll depending on which you need more!)

 
At 5:57 AM , Blogger Kirsten said...

Laken will be back before you know it -- in the meantime take some time for you. you deserve it. single mamma's have the hardest job in the world!

 
At 6:31 AM , Blogger elizabeth said...

i agree with angie. use the time to relax and spend some good ol quality time with you (i mean you are friggin' fab-boo right?).

i can't even imagine what you're going through, so i really don't have any other advice to give. but hey, if you're lonely, send me an email.

*smooches*

 
At 9:04 AM , Blogger sarah said...

listen to amber...she's a smart cookie.

hang in there!

 
At 9:05 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

you'll survive! just keep busy to make the time go by fast!

 
At 9:49 AM , Blogger Greta Adams said...

okay sistah...first off....dry it up....and do things that you haven't been able to do since you had him....life changes after a baby and you too desreve some freedom for 14 days.....
JUST SUCK IT UP YOU HEAR ME...SUCK IT UP.....

see this is why i get the mother of the year award...

if my mom was leaving with my kid(s) hell even 1 of them would be nice,.....girl i would party like it was 1999....you realize the scrapping and self time you can have...

enjoy it...

kisses

 
At 10:22 AM , Blogger Scott said...

Awww you will make it. I don't have kids but I can imagine how you are feeling. Take care of yourself.

Scott

 
At 10:46 AM , Blogger Christielli said...

Awww... 15 days is a long time. But it sounds like you have a lot on your plate, so perhaps that will make it go faster.

 
At 7:52 PM , Blogger justem said...

Sorry to hear about this!!! That's tough :(

 
At 11:07 PM , Blogger freethoughtguy said...

Sometimes you don't realize how much you miss something until it goes away. But it sounds like the "missing" has already started!

There will be a happy reunion ... keep hope alive!

 
At 12:14 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

sorry. and yes, listen to amber n.
i'm sending lots of big hugs your way

 
At 10:15 AM , Blogger Jocelyn said...

i've been counting for you
2 weeks has got to be ending soon
i'm not like the BEST counter ever,
but i try.

 
At 8:26 PM , Blogger Raina* said...

aww, i haven't a single thing to write that will make you feel better.
just take this time to do things for yourself.
and just imagine how sweet the reunion will be.

 
At 6:28 AM , Blogger BRANDY said...

He may not be close, but a phone call way. Hang in there and call me if you need to keep your mind off missing him.

 
At 9:49 AM , Blogger Barb said...

Me time. School time. It will make you a better mom. He'll be back before you know it.

 
At 6:21 PM , Blogger island jen said...

oh lordy, breakin' my heart!! it will fly by though...throw yourelf into everything, and it will fly by!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home