Just As i Am...

5.12.2006

It's my Blogger-versary!

A while back i decided that i would write a little love note to you weekly. yeah. that didn't happen. So, in honor of my one year anniversary of blogging... i'm here to gush!

My actual blogbirthday is tomorrow, but i have a full day tomorrow so i'm doing this now!!

first off, let me just say that this last year has just been amazing. I discovered the blessings that come from having your daily serving(s) of your vegetables... and my life isn't and never will be the same.

So, last march i did a bit of surfing. saw some stuff that totally blew me away and then... i saw this girl's stuff. this young, beautiful, woman. and she's was a single mommy. and i remember feeling oh so excited because i was there... and i felt connected. and not alone in this world. and i emailed her. and she replied. and she told me to hang in there.

she's younger than me - but it keeps me hoping. wishing. praying. and KNOWING that it can be done!!! it can be done!!!

So here's to you AMBER NICHOLE! because i have never told you just what you've done for me!

i've never told you that your blog not only inspired me to write and feel and put it all out there
but it lead me to start one of my own
and then i met a ton of wonderful women in the process.
i have never told you just how much hope i find in you
how much faith i have in myself just because i see all the dreams that come true for you...
Here's to you for being so in love with life
and your son
and RG
and living
and loving
and creating
... just being!
i admire your strength and courage
your love of patterned paper
i love that you have handed toilet paper to Frou Frou when she's run out
i love that you have had a hand in the inspiration process that is the Effers
i love you because you're you and you don't apologize for it
love you because you can wear white pants and post your ass on the world wide web
love that you put wee-man's videos on your blog
love that you found the old man on the bicycle and humping lady bugs... and road signs for effer-town
love that you let us in
because in more ways than one
(and i'm sure i speak for more than myself)
you have come into my life
and heart
and motivation

and i thank you!

21 Comments:

At 10:59 AM , Blogger Scott said...

Awwww what a sweet post. Congratulations on the big Number 1!!! Very cool stuff.

I will have to check out this Amber Nichole characters blog.

scott

 
At 11:13 AM , Blogger angieoh! said...

Chriselda - I couldn't have said it more. Amber Nichole RAWKS and has no idea that she has given strength and ART to lots of folks. Great post.

 
At 12:45 PM , Blogger sarah said...

okay.
that made me teary eyed.
Amber does rock.
she is amazing.
plain and simple,
amazing.

 
At 1:26 PM , Blogger Jamie said...

dude, that was awesome. she really is amazing, and how coolio cool of you to write something so awesome for her. you both deserve it. very very cool.

 
At 1:28 PM , Blogger Greta Adams said...

aww that is very sweet...happy blogversiary!!

 
At 1:38 PM , Blogger BRANDY said...

Amber rawks...she is amazing and such an inspiration for all of bloggers. I am callin ya this weekend, so be prepared! lol.

 
At 2:08 PM , Blogger Amber said...

i remember.
May 18th, 2005.
I still have the email titled:
"love your stuff"
my first interaction with miss Chriselda.
your post today had me in tears.
i am not a crybaby either.
i'm just freakin amazed.
shocked.
and totally blown away.
your post today put me on a high.
you will never know.
made me realize that speaking your mind and being true about yourself really does make a difference...not only for YOURSELF, but for other people who are going through the same thing.
i am thankful that this crazy internet world has brought us together...and i have no doubts we will meet.
you have inspired me.
you are accomplishing a TON.
doing things YOU want to do.
and showing others that just because you are a single mother does NOT mean you can not be YOU.
I can't say enough good things about you.
you send me pain killers for my migraines.
funny christmas cards.
great praise.
constant inspiration.
you are funny as hell.
make me laugh.
make me think.
ok....
i'm rambling.
i'm just in awe.
of your sweet heart.
THANK YOU.

 
At 6:30 PM , Blogger Kat said...

aw, sweet post! and happy bloggin bday!

 
At 5:00 AM , Blogger elizabeth said...

first, happy blogversiary to you and i love the new look.

second....i'm weeping over here. how friggin' sweet.

 
At 7:02 AM , Blogger justem said...

Happy Anniversary :) I wish I would have discovered it earlier!! I might have to have a Chriselda marathon where I read all your old posts! Yes, I am that crazy and in love with your blog.

 
At 7:37 AM , Blogger mikster said...

Have a great Mother's day Chriselda!

 
At 9:12 PM , Blogger Raina* said...

Happy Blogversary to you.
and just realized your blogversary has been over for 7 minutes and that it's actually Mother's Day now.

Happy Mother's Day to one phenomemal mother. And I know you're phenom because Laken is friggen adorable. Yeah, that's my logic.

 
At 3:41 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

what a sweet post chriselda! AN really is a great girl. i'm happy you've gotten to be friends with her!

happy mother's day!

 
At 3:56 PM , Blogger X said...

Great post! And happy blog-aversary ;)

 
At 6:50 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

What an awesone LO that you have done. Congrat's on your one year of blog'n and wishing you a Happy Mother's Day.

 
At 4:31 AM , Blogger Barb said...

congrast on the bloggity b-day. Great tribute to Amber Nichole. What an awesome artist!

 
At 5:39 PM , Blogger jessica said...

Happy Bloggin' Anniversary!

 
At 8:34 PM , Blogger Jocelyn said...

chriselda, i love you so much
seriously, you're such an inspiration because of how real you always are. always. never-waveringly real.

that's worth SO SO SO much.

 
At 6:26 AM , Blogger DeDe said...

You would make any mom proud! Even with your events that would never happen to anyone else. Keep rockin'!

 
At 3:12 PM , Blogger Michelle W. said...

how did I miss this one...

so beautiful. Amber is amazing that's for sure.

another post when I'm not mentioned...

Michelle

 
At 6:06 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is such a sweet, sweet post! I love Amber Nichole too, and I am always amazed at her talent. What a great role-model!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home