Just As i Am...

2.14.2006

Do America a Favor... Kill Cupid!

Who's a bitter beotch? Not i.
pffft.
actually, i don't mind the holiday much - when i'm seeing someone. but well, i'm not. But!! Jessica and I are having a "practice round" for Fondue night. we are having some friends over later this week for fondue and thought we would practice. So tonight is girl's night. We'll have salad, cheese fondue, i'm making a brisket, and then red velvet cake. yummmm.

I have a date though. Laken. To be sadly honest, i have seen him for a total of 3 hours in the last 3 days. it's rather saddening. He's been with my mom and then i worked.

************ ooooooh! I had the audition. And i RAWKED ass! if i don't get it - that's perfectly fine with me (and i'm not just saying that to console myself in the event that i don't) The fact of the matter is, appearances aside - i have stage fright. But i got up there today and read like a pro. I even yelled, and batted my lashes real nice. I was super comfortable and don't know where that side of me came from. but it was nice. I find out Wednesday. Fingers crossed?

Truth - in many ways i want this bad! i think it would be a blast to be in a play. the city's Theater to say the least. I'd like to open the paper and read reviews.

and then... it's scheduled the weekend of laken's birthday (March 29th) and the weekend after that. If i get the part, rehearsals start next week. Five weeks of rehearsing and then one hell week - prior to the opening night. Can i do that? I've already got a full plate and sometimes i wonder if i'm really taking care of myself. But, i feel fine and while i am constantly tired, at least i'm doing something. If i weren't doing everything that i already am - i would just be tired from staying up surfing the net or watching old Sex and the City reruns. At least doing all that i do is my way of justifying it all. I'm doing it in the name of something!!!

but still, it's a committment. a fun one. i want the part. yes. i just decided it. i want it. but, if i don't get it, i'll be ok. I'm satisfied with my reading today! I had a private audition with my friend reading with me. This was super comfortable. i don't even know if i was all that nervous. Anyway, if i get the part, i fully expect to see each and everyone of you at one of the shows!!!

no excuses!

after work, i got in my car that is slowly falling apart. Please don't say "Nissans are such good cars" cause i'll gag. Mine is a piece. yup. it's slowly going to the dogs. So my car is really loud. and i decide i'm pulling over. Thought i had left the trunk open and got out to close it - only to realize i had a flat tire. not a low on air tire... a FLAT!!! i drove two miles like that. so i have to be up early in the AM to fix that. sigh. i'm so glad i have female empowerment and can change my own flats.

then it was a trip to Walmart. i went for cheese. and veggies for our fondue night. and came out with $178 worth of gawd only knows what. i think there are some new sharpies in there. the rest - i can't remember!

i'm up at 3am for no reason at all. maybe i have insomnia again. hmph.

well - hope everyone that wants to - has a happy Valentine's Day. and for the rest of you angry bitches - i'm right there with ya!!

lots of love!

16 Comments:

At 4:56 AM , Blogger mikster said...

I'm sending ya some good luck on getting the part...have a super day!

 
At 5:44 AM , Blogger Scott said...

Hehe... don't be a hater!!

Good luck with the audition results and props for changing your own tire. I know lots of guys who don't know how to do it. Sad sad stuff. Hope that you have a great Valentine's Day.

Scott

 
At 6:04 AM , Blogger Brynne said...

I'm there with you on being an "Angry Bitch" :) I was half asleep and get a call from you saying "You have to move to Amarillo" I'm like "ummm ok" HAHA.
Love ya girl !

 
At 7:14 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hope you get the part!!

 
At 7:28 AM , Blogger Greta Adams said...

i don't do v-day either....if you can't be romantic through the whole year don't do it on feb 14...i think it's a stupid day myself....love the wal-mart trip...sounds like me..i can remember my things but nothing else...hehehe

 
At 8:46 AM , Blogger sarah said...

v-day is lame.

you can change a tire? I'm impressed! I can't! :)

best wishes on getting the part!
i've got my fingers crossed for ya!

 
At 10:20 AM , Blogger Valerie said...

I'm so glad you did well at the audition!! That'd be so cool if you got the part!! Good for you on how to change a flat, I need to learn my dad said he would teach me!! Have a fun valentine's day with your roomie and your cute date!!

 
At 12:55 PM , Blogger angieoh! said...

I am sure you were awesome.... good luck and I will be thinking lucky thoughts. Enjoy your date tonight... you need to relax sometime too! That is why you can never sleep!

 
At 1:57 PM , Blogger Jamie said...

i hope fondue goes well for you tonight! i'm sure it will be awesome! :)

Can't wait to hear about your audition! I hope it goes really well! I'm sure it will. :)

Hope you have a good rest of the day! :) *muah*

 
At 2:49 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy vday brynne!!you will definitly have to come back and do fondue with us i hope you read this since i have no clue what im doing this was the only wat to say...WILL YOU GO TO PROM WITH MEEEE and dance and dance!! see ya girl

 
At 2:59 PM , Blogger Christielli said...

Hope you get the part!!!

Yeah, V-Day sucks.... It's almost over though. Thankfully.

I know what it's like to walk into a store for a couple small things and walk out with, well, $178 worth of stuff!

 
At 3:03 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

heee heee heeee,
bittersweets, love that!

 
At 6:16 AM , Blogger Brynne said...

Aww Jessica !! Thanks for saying hi on here!! I've never had fondue...... i will definetly have to go back to Amarillo to try it!

 
At 1:48 PM , Blogger Jocelyn said...

ok, so when i said in my post that there are fewer valentine cynics out there than usual, i forgot about the power of chriselda. i think your bitterness counts for like 26 people.

CONGRATS on play ass-kicking. yeuuh.

 
At 7:56 PM , Blogger Jill said...

good luck girl! can't wait to hear ur results :P i can't believe you spent $178 and NOW you gotta spend more $ on a flea dip!

i can't believe they didn't let u drunk dial audioblogger. that'd be flippin sweet!

 
At 3:03 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

I like cupid, he's a cutie!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home