Just As i Am...

12.24.2005

'tis the season!!!

Merry Christmas Eve... Eve!!!

I can't believe Christmas is tomorrow. my family is actually celebrating tonight. but, i have to work at the restaurant tonight. so we'll be doing it late tonight. Either it will be super busy or super slow... nothing in between.

We were super slow yesterday at work, which was nice for a change. We got to hang out and talk and just be. One of the girls, Angela was super cool and brought us the goodies!!! Fudge and sugar coated cranberries. I forgot how much i hate cranberries and put one in my mouth. It exploded cranberry juice and i must've made that "bitter beer face" cause she got this look on hers like i had just slapped her. She also brought us mini loaves of Banana bread - but i ate that faster than i could get a picture of it.

I was able to read the script for the play that i told you i was auditioning for. Its set in 1929 in a cigar factory. Cuban workers who roll cigars for a living and they have a lector come in and read novels to them. He chooses Tolstoy's Anna Karenina. (Which is a super novel if you haven't read it) The characters in the play find themselves identifying with the novel. And well, the part i am supposed to read for is Conchita. She's 32. She's married. He has a lover and they're open about it. So, she decides this new lector should be HER lover. My friend is auditioning for that part. I would love to do it. But well, i wouldn't really want my parents to see it. It would probably offend my family to see me in a play where my character is an adultress. But, it was either that or her little sister, Marela - who pees in her pants when she gets excited at one point. And i don't want to start off my acting career as a joke. So nix Marela. Conchita it is. Auditions are in February and the play starts in April. I'm excited just to audition. Don't really know if i want to GET the part... but i at least want to push myself to do this...

I got home last night and immediately felt rather Phresh and Phunky!!! Nothing like getting a little love mail from Miss PFAB! and it being a shload of Basic Grey. Oh how i love this stuff. You are killing me girl! Thanks a bunches. And i'm glad you got your CD. I decided i had made you wait so long for it so i just sent you an actual disc and not the ghetto copy that i had originally intended to send. You rock my face off!!



I also failed to get Christmas cards out this year. So here is yours!!! I was a bad mommy this year. Didn't take Laken to see Santa. Didn't even get his "First Christmas Ornament" until today! Stopped wrapping his gifts when i realized i would be the one unwrapping them anyway. I didn't get him a snazzy little outfit to wear tomorrow. I did, however, buy him a Santa Hat that says "Baby's First Christmas" but he hates hats on his head, so it doesn't really count. I'm an even worse mom because i didn't save the Christmas pictures that the daycare took so i could give one to my mom. So horrible. But, this is my first Christmas as a mom. And i'm using that as an excuse!!

So, Merry Christmas. If you didn't get a card from me/us - don't worry. Neither did anyone else. But consider this your greeting! We love you this much and hope you have a wonderful holiday season. And for my pea girls and blog buddies... i am so glad that i have met each of you and established some really great friendships with you. Nobody really understands this whole "Two Peas" thing - but seriously, scrapbooking is a serious bond between me and several of the girls i love!!! I hope everyone has a Happy Holiday Season!!!

love and kisses and fat free egg nog wishes to you!!!

5 Comments:

At 7:58 PM , Blogger Jessica O'Brien said...

Yummy yummmies: yum
Auditioning for a play: so cool! (If I could think of a phrase along the lines of 'You go girl!' I'd say it)
Laken: adorable!

xoxo

 
At 5:33 AM , Blogger J and D said...

Merry Christmas to you guys too! I totally failed at the card thing... I had all these great plans to make them. How many did I send? A big fat zero!

 
At 6:36 PM , Blogger tg said...

Happy Holidays! Laken is so darn cute - I too failed to make cards and I am not a Mom and I am no longer in college so I *really* don't have a decent excuse :) Good luck with auditions!

 
At 10:47 AM , Blogger Valerie said...

Those treats look so yummy!! Laken is such a cutie!! Have a very merry Christmas!!

 
At 11:24 AM , Blogger Jocelyn said...

I'm pretty sure I'm going to be sending out Christmas cards... tomorrow. so that went well.

It's so cool that you're auditioning for the play! It sounds pretty cool and good move not going for the girl who peed in her pants.

Laken is so adorable!!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home