Just As i Am...

12.11.2005

series of unfortunate events...

it's a sad sad day in Chriselda-land. It's funny that everything that sucks and blows, happens to me ... but you know what, i'm expecting it. kinda like "it's already been broughten!" (hehe, jen)i've already come to the conclusion that i'm going to spend the rest of my life making lemonade...
especially when i wake up to copy some music into my ipod and this happens:

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

this resulted in a complete formatting of my hard drive. yes. all of it. gone. it means - those thousands upon thousands of pictures that i have taken of my son over the course of the last nine months (that i failed to back up on disk) = GONE!

those 4000+ songs that i spent weeks importing into itunes (plus the ones i purchased)= GONE!
the journaling, school papers, and other misc. crap that i store in there because it's my life - it's my hub - it's supposed to be a storage device for important documents = GONE!!!

sigh. but, alas, it's NUTCRACKER DAY!!!! and that is not going to be ruined by this! NO SIR!!!
So, i start playing with laken and he's cracking me up because he's so in love with himself. especially when he sees himself in the mirror. there are several pictures of him making out with himself in the mirror... but this one is my favorite.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

i had to run errands all morning yesterday and then it happened. i saw the most devasting thing ever!!!

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

That is my beloved Weinerschnitzel (as we lovingly refer to as "The Schnitz"). and it's torn down. sad sad day in the hotdog lover's world. So many people hate the Schnitz, but i love it! One of my friends says, "i just can't bring myself to eat at a place that sells nothing but hotdogs." and i quickly said, "Nuh-uh! They have chili cheese fries too!!!"

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

This is Amy and her Boyfriend Brandon. If i have to be the third wheel for any couple... this is the one i chose. They are so cute. They're working on an eternity together. and they're adorable. they are one and the same person. I am so glad she finally met someone that cherishes her for what she is!!! Thanks B!!!

Anyway, i digress. We all went to the Nutcracker together. This is B's second time to go. I think he secretly likes it. We had the worst seats ever. And not because the location of them sucked. But because there was a group of about 20 people (and i'm not kidding) who failed to appreciate the Nutcracker and moved and got up and traded seats the ENTIRE TIME!!! They were sitting two rows in front of us. Because of this, the two "Sweaters" as B lovingly named them because they were wearing bright and completely distasteful Christmas Sweaters complete with beads sewn on them... kept moving their seats. They're directly in front of us. So their Texas bouffant hair do seriously put a damper on our view of the stage. The lady right next to me was holding a little boy, about three years old, who - five minutes into the show - asks, "Is it over yet?" She got smart and drugged him up with tyenol and he passed out and wasn't seen again until the end of the second act. The worst part was the family behind us. The family with two little girls that would NOT shut up. One kept humming all the music. (impressive for a child) The other said "My tummy hurts" for about ten minutes and i wanted to scream. Amy starts forming a choke hold with her hands. Then the little girl says, "Mommy, my tummy hurts because there's no food in it!" Way to go little girl! Tell the world about the neglect!!! and amy and i almost die laughing. Finally, it's quiet. it's peaceful. it's almost over. and this is when the family of 20 decides they should leave now and beat the crowd. Now we really can't see!!! people. i swear. B points out that the rest of the flippin' auditorium is still and not moving... except for the section right in front of us. sigh.

Amarillo is full of uncultured swine!!!!

but, i did, however get a shload of cool shots (when the Sweaters weren't blocking me with their hair...) and here are my faves:

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Gawd, i love the Amarillo production because of this flippin' Ginormous Christmas tree and all the pyrotechnics!!! and look at this girl... she's about to have a major wardrobe malfunction.
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

yes... i snuck my camera in. They said "no flash photography" so i set my ISO to 1600 and shot away. and no, we weren't THAT close. I just have a bad ass zoom lens!! Thankyouverymuch!

and just so you know. there are some things worth living for. some things that just make life grand. and the molten lava cake from chilis is DEFINITELY one of those things....

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

10 Comments:

At 6:33 PM , Blogger Missy said...

OMG... I am soooo sorry for your computer issues! ick ick ick.

give me that CAKE.

hooray for the nutcracker!!

 
At 7:56 PM , Blogger nadine jenine said...

oh my lord. i would have CRIED! i am definitely backing up my pictures as soon as i get back to the city! i'd have seriously melted down for the ENTIRE day! i'm glad you handled it well!

and those pictures look awesome! i want to see something like that!

 
At 11:08 PM , Blogger caroline said...

first of all - computer SUCK. bah.
second of all - annoying audiences suck.
third of all - your pics are totally making me want to see the nutcracker!
lastly - that cake looks DIVINE. share? ;)

 
At 2:31 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Aaack! I'm so sorry about your computer :( The Nutcracker shots are fabulous girl! Glad the show was good.

 
At 7:53 PM , Blogger Amy said...

LMAO! I love the wardrobe malfunction! Who thought that dancers had boobs???

And thanks for wanting to hang out with the 2 headed monster known as Amy and Brandon. If we had to pick one person to be our third wheel, of course we'll pick you!!

 
At 6:14 AM , Blogger Scott said...

Hey! That is so bad about your computer... sorry to hear about that. As for me and how my blog got connected to all these people, I am not really sure, just kind of randomly happened.

As for the pictures, most of them I took, only one from the last post though (the sunset one). Cool blog too... I will stop by again.

Scott

 
At 7:06 AM , Blogger island jen said...

i soooo want to just reach in and grab that kiddos cheeks!! geez they are still in the chubby stage...love that!!

awesome pics...especially of the cake!! yum!

 
At 9:51 AM , Blogger Jen said...

Two things...FIRST, i have not been ignoring you. I love you. But I havne't been home, sorry!!!!! LOVE YOU!! Forgive me??? Second, download Picasa. It's free, it found all my pics I thought I had lost when we reformatted. Seriously. It scans it and I was like WOW!!!! Try it. XOXO, J

 
At 5:01 PM , Blogger Jocelyn said...

I have no idea what formatting is, but that does not sound good. at all!! i'm the worst with technology, so i know how frustrating it is.

and i love all the christmas in this post! xoxo

i know- i can't believe we haven't found each other before this. we visit a lot of the same blogs and i've always loved your hair. thanks for reminding me to check out yours- i've always wanted to!

 
At 11:24 PM , Blogger Jessica O'Brien said...

I am so sorry about your computer issues! About a year and a half ago my computer was so overloaded with crap and probably viruses and too little memory that it just ceased to work. My friend was able to get some of the pictures saved, but I lost most plus documents and allllll my music! I love you have a good attitude about it though!

Cake....YUM! Your pictures...WOWZA!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home