Just As i Am...

12.17.2005


Merry Christmas to me. to me to me!!!
so, "laken" bought me this groovy little thang for xmas!
sorry if the picture sucks.
i got it from the web
this is not my own.
anyway.
i'm not good at little cameras. i've had two film Rebels and then my digital rebel. before that i used a Pentax K1000 and when i was in high school i used the school's SLRs. Eventually i bought myself a little handheld 35mm with a kick ass zoom lens. It was a Pentax IQZoom 140. And i loved it. and my ex roommate stole it from me when she moved out. along with a clock radio/cd player, some of my cds, some DVDs, and some clothes from my closet that i worked hard to steal from my other roommates.

So we were out shopping the other day at the mall. my brother and i, and i stopped in the camera store to get my mom her gift. (she's also an avid photographer, and i wish she had some of her stuff in galleries. She takes awesome action shots at my brother's Soccer games and has been recruited as the Church Photographer) Anyway, i stopped in to get her some goodies. And then saw the camera. There is sat in all of its glory. What i really wanted was a Sony digital because i played with it earlier at walmart and thought it was sweet. but, i am a canon girl. So i came home and tried to get people to talk me out of it.
nobody did.
in fact, they were like "go get it!!!"
except for Jen. She tells me... "resist" but i don't listen.
next thing you know. I am the owner of a new, shiny, Canon Powershot A410. woot! my son is the best gift giver ever!!!

Last night i went and saw a Christmas Play at our local theatre. "The Santaland Diaries!" it was cute. funny. and cracked me up. but... staying up late for finals and then working like a mad woman finally took a toll on me. and i fell asleep during the play. can you believe it?! I fell asleep! To make matters worse. i was sitting on the front row. somewhere in the middle of all the low lights, christmas music and monologues, i fell asleep. that was the most expensive nap i've ever taken. I paid $20 to take that nap! sometimes, i fall asleep at the movie theater. When i watched Harry Potter (the first one), and S.W.A.T. and a few others... i fell asleep. but that's only $6. this was twenty!!! I went to the Amarillo Little Theatre's production. This is where i will be auditioning for Anna in the Tropics. I hope they don't remember me as "the girl that passed out during the play."

This morning i decided i needed to watch Mr. and Mrs. Smith. If you haven't seen it... don't rush out to find it on DVD. it was ok. kinda silly. i wrapped laken's toys and then wondered "why?" since he's not old enough to rip them open anyway, and i'll be doing that!!!

now... onto this!!! this is our christmas tree. my mom has a thing for themes and this year, it's birds. i made fun of her for it the other day when she was putting "snow" on the tree. in hindsight (which is always 20/20) i realized that it wasn't nice of me to do that. i was pretty harsh. it's because i can't put up my own tree. because i can't use my decorations. because i'm not in the christmas spirit. and don't really see it happening for me either. I wasn't excited to wrap gifts this morning. buying them was a chore. and i'm ready for the holiday to come and go. But. this morning i woke up and saw this. this big ginormous box all nice and red and colorful and a pretty little bow on top. and i walk over to see who it's for. it's MINE!!! i wonder what's in it?? i shook it (sometimes, i'm still a little kid) it's light. This happened when i turned 16. my parents had one big box for me and i thought it was sweet ass! it was heavy. Christmas morning i open it and there's a tire, some other random items that they found in the garage. and i'm thinking: at the bottom, there will be a key to start a new shiny car. nope. it was a discman. so i'm thinking they're going to play another joke on me. but in case they are thinking they can't fool me twice... i've been racking my brain. what could possibly be in that box? i haven't asked for anything for christmas. nothing. just snow. and since the box isn't leaking...it's not snow.

this has turned into one ri-cock-ulously long and meaningless post that had no point when i started it. so, to sum it up: i got a camera. there is a big gift the size of our entertainment center under the tree with my name on it. oh, and!!! laken crawled to me this morning. my mom said he crawled yesterday but since i wasn't there... it is null and void and today was his first time to crawl. and he crawled to me!!!

i have to put an end to this rambling and finish laundry. wrapping laken's toys. have to shower. and get ready for work... have a great saturday!!!

12 Comments:

At 12:57 PM , Blogger caroline said...

new camera, eh? wanna send me you dRebel? hehe

 
At 2:42 PM , Blogger Brynne said...

What is that 2nd picture for ?? I'm confused....
Have fun tonight girlie ;)

 
At 6:03 PM , Blogger island jen said...

OMG!! I can not believe you bought that camera!! Did we not discuss this...resist, resist!! Sheesh!!

mwaahhh...you know i love you...and seriously...if Laken gave it to you for Christmas, then you would be a bad mommy for not accepting!!

And you fell asleep during SWAT..hello Colin Farrrel..sweaty with a gun...mega hot...HELLO...you fell asleep!! Oh lordy girl...!!

 
At 6:23 AM , Blogger Just this Girl said...

ok: i didn't give up on the caroline and april!!! - digital rebel. yes, i downgraded... but i needed a small camera to carry around in my purse. you don't know what it's like to carry around a big camera all the time. plus, i like to take it with me when i go out, and well, i would hate to get beer all over $1200 worth of camera (which is what i paid for it... not what it now costs... grrrr!)

brynne - the 2nd picture is to prove how bad of a photographer i am with this camera right now! i tried to take a pic and was wondering if it took, so i turned the camera and it took. and it sucked. hahah!

jen - you suck. i was counting on you and when i needed you most. you let me down. i think you should buy me a 512MB memory stick to make it up to me!! bwahahaha~!

 
At 6:03 PM , Blogger Jen said...

Yay for Laken!! Good little son you have. Hehe.
Plays?? I didn't know this about you>???!!
Love you...sorry I've been MIA.

 
At 6:12 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

very nice girl!
i'm totally bummed that i gave away my little camera when i got my rebel.
sometimes you need a smaller camera to take to places!!!!
whooo-hoooo!
have fun w/ it!

 
At 6:46 AM , Blogger Scott said...

Definately need to have the small camera along with the SLR. Very important.

Wonder what is in the box???

Scott

 
At 8:26 AM , Blogger nadine jenine said...

finally! i was trying to comment last night but blogger wouldnt load the little box so i could log in. bastard.

anywho, i wanted to say im totally a canon girl as well. and that im glad my camera fits in my purse and didn't cost an arm and a leg because the lens sticks closed and open sometimes now because of previous engagements with a bit of alcohol. ;)

 
At 5:29 PM , Blogger Jill said...

if you place the package over a steamy source (steamy bathroom? pot of boiling water?) you can remove the tape, find out whats inside, and wrap it back up. ol mom will be none the wiser :P i'm so bad! hehe have fun with your new camera girl! just don't forget ur rebel now and ten :)

 
At 8:20 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Canon Power!!! I LOVE my Powershot :) So happy you got a new camera!

 
At 12:16 PM , Blogger Jocelyn said...

Very cool camera! Well, at least it looks cool. It took me awhile to catch on that Laken's your son there. And he crawled to you!! Exciting!

Oh P.S. I didn't fail my chemistry final today. I didn't necessarily do well, but not failing is an improvement. Oh, I failed Part 1 yesterday, but if you balance it all out, it's practically an A, I'm sure. So good news all around. LOL

 
At 3:36 PM , Blogger Jessica O'Brien said...

Congrats on the camera! Thats so exciting. I need to get my new one asap! xo

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home