Just As i Am...

12.06.2005

i triple dog dare you!!!

ok - that's the MOTHER OF ALL DARES!!!

so... first off. i decided that i'm going to write about each one of you and what you mean to me on a weekly basis. i was originally going to go down my ----> list over there in alphabetical order... but i have to start with a BANG!

so Caroline is up first!!! bwhahahaa!

Everybody... this is Caroline.
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Caroline and i "met" on the Teen/College Board over on TwoPeas and hit if off because she lets me call her Kathy. She used to say "BAH!" all the time and it reminded me of the comic strip. Anyway, so after a while, i get her number and what do you know? I call her up and she has this teeny tiny little mouse voice. I imagine her to be about 5 feet tall and all of ten pounds soaking wet. She's little. and she sounds 10. Caroline is always effin' happy. nothing makes her upset. she's never bitching about anything other than Two Peas not working. and quite frankly, the happiness irritates me. haha! So the other day i call her to vent about something and she actually complained about laundry or something. and in her wee mouse voice - she said nothing bad. nothing. i wanted to scream. GET MAD!!!! Dammit Caroline! So the other day she comments on my blog that i should call her when i'm feeling down and she'll cheer me up. pffft! wtf? that's cause you're always CHEERY!!!

so i call to vent to Brynne (also a "friend" of Kathy's) and i say "Brynne, i need to vent!"
Brynne: "What happened now?"
ME: I just called Caroline cause i wanted to gripe and complain and she was happy! She's always happy!!! Nothing ever upsets her or gets under her skin. Nothing. Ever.
Brynne: Well, tell her to stop!!
Me: Nothing!!!!
Brynne: Normal people just aren't like that!

(you might have had to be there to find this humorous...)

bwahahaha! and this is why we called you on three way last night kathy! cause even though we're bitches... we love you!

and this is brynne....

Brynne : (angry emoticon)
chriselda: what's your problem?
Brynne : people are driving me CRAZY
Brynne : i'm PMSing
chriselda: lol
Brynne : people use my desk as their table
Brynne : and they just stand in the lobby eating and smacking and slurping

gawd i love humans...

Anyway... my dare for you. my triple dog dare. is to come out of the closet. whatever your vice may be! i want it! i want to know that we're all horrible people in one way or another. (this is me getting into christmas spirit. ) Tell me that one thing that you hide from the rest of the world. Is it that you stack peanut butter crackers on top of each other and read Vogue all day on Sunday? is it that you curse like a sailor? do you constantly talk on the phone while on the toilet? what is it?? we're not perfect. and i encourage you to brace your imperfections.

here is mine!
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
yessire bob. that's me. sneaking in a cigarette after Thanksgiving Dinner. my family (expect for the 3 fellow smokers) is completely unaware. yes ma'am. i'm a closet smoker. it wasn't until recently that people that i work with were unaware as well. READ: i don't smoke around laken. not while he's in the car... nothing. so i have about two cigarettes a day on average.

There... it's on the world wide web. i'm a smoker. phew. i feel better now! and i know i have a couple of other (ahem ahem) blogger pals that are hiding too!!! come out i tell ya! we'll still love you!!!

don't you just love how i'm missing two nails? they came off while i was making my dish for Thanksgiving... sure hope nobody choked on them....

15 Comments:

At 10:01 AM , Blogger Brynne said...

OMG i can't believe you posted that. BITCH! Haha just kidding "If you're a bitch i'm a bitch" HAHAHAHA. Great post Love ya girl!

 
At 10:37 AM , Blogger Brynne said...

Ok i commented before i read the rest of your post and i'm guessing you are talking about me being a closet smoker. Yes i too like to have a cigarette or 2 a day.
the first thing i noticed about your picture was that you were missing 2 nails. LOL :)

 
At 3:00 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

I can't tell you to quit smoking, it's your choice, but it is bad for you. My dad smokes and he's smoked for as long as I can remember.

My vice is that I bite my lips. I don't even know why, it's subconscious, I try to stop but I just can't. Poor Lee threatens me with no kisses and everything (he always caves).

 
At 3:11 PM , Blogger J and D said...

I have the same vice as Lindsay - junk food! My husband is a personal trainer too - I'll pick him up from work and we'll go and eat pizza - so bad!

 
At 3:43 PM , Blogger caroline said...

omg i feel special :P
sorry i didn't call you back but i didn't hear the message til this morning because my phone was in the other room and i could not hear it. my friend called me like 5 times, too. haha.

i'm not ALWAYS happy...I got that a lot in high school....it's because I hate showing weakness. And I don't easily get angry. I get annoyed all the f-ing time, but it takes a LOT for me to get really really pissed off. And when I'm down....no one really knows because I really won't tell anyone that I am.

Um, anyways now that you've read my novel....my vice....i have such a potty mouth. it's ridiculous. i'm trying to tone it down, but geez. hahah.

 
At 5:43 PM , Blogger nadine jenine said...

great post chriselda! i laughed my ass off about caroline having a mouse voice. when she's talking to me and getting irate about 2p's not working i expect pure anger and a loud voice, not something tiny!!!!

 
At 5:59 PM , Blogger Vicki said...

Love the pic of you smoking. You look so guilty! My vice is the liquor. I might maybe use it to relieve stress and forget about life a bit. I'm not a drunk though, I'm too broke to drink more than a couple times a month haha.

Got your comment about a scarf. I'll totally hook you up, if you can wait till after Christmas. Email me sometime and tell me what kinda scarf you're thinkin of :)

 
At 6:00 PM , Blogger Vicki said...

Oh, and Vicki likes the s*x too. That's relaly my biggest vice. The bf doesn't seem to mind though, go figure!

 
At 7:54 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

naughty naughy girl!!!! lol... do you need me to tell you that ciggy's are bad? of course NOT! so i won't...
i love that you gave up some friend love in this entry! totally cool of you girl!

 
At 12:42 PM , Blogger Lu said...

Give up the cigs, girl!!!! Love this whole dare thing. Very cool. I would say that my vice is I am a big cusser and I can be negative. Yes, it is true, damn it!

 
At 2:08 PM , Blogger Jen said...

Well, everyone knows I smoke. Everyone knows I drink. Everyone knows I bounce checks for scrap supplies, everyone knows I'm a slob. So I'm not sure I have anything to add to this post.

 
At 8:05 PM , Blogger Amy said...

Oh, you know that I'm a perfect little angel and I don't even know what the word vice means....

Seriously though, it's gotta be that sometimes when I get nervous I stick my hands under my armpits and then I'm smell 'em like this (sniffff).....that's bad.

 
At 11:30 PM , Blogger Jessica O'Brien said...

Caroline is the cutest and I love that you blogged about her!

I'll try not to lecture you bout the smoking but I would say that my boyfriend comments every day how happy he is he stopped. New studies say 1 a week does as much damage as a pack a week...seriously. (though you look quite cute in that picture!)

My bad secret? Umm I think I revealed on my blog that I pick my nose and flick it on the ground at home. I'm such a clean neat freak normally but somehow that doesn't gross me out, though my bf hates it! hehe.

 
At 6:08 PM , Blogger Jill said...

I'm not a smoker, but I'm not gonna tell ya to quit. After all, you're old enough to make your own choices and know the consequences and yadda yadda yadda (like how I sould all mom-like here?) I'm just messing with ya :P anyway, my vice..hmm. I'm a very open person so I'm having a hard time. However, I DO curse people HORRIBLY in traffic. I am awful. I shout dirty, horrible, rotten words that no one should ever hear! I'd never want anyone to hear it b/c I am pretty embarassed that I let such a small thing get to me THAT much.

whew.
i feel better :p

 
At 11:34 PM , Blogger kristina contes said...

I have too many evil things I do...but I just had to comment here b/c you look like a piece of smoke. Completely love that pic. Like wanna scrap it and be your BFF love it. damn

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home