Just As i Am...

12.22.2005

gosh darnit - people love her!



even though she's a bitch because she gets to go to jamaica the weekend our city freezes over (but brings me back a beanie)
even though her boyfriend/soon to be husband rocks ass and she's convinced she's a princess because of him
even though his best friend is a god!
even though her boobs are way bigger than mine
even though she only started scrapbooking, because i, the scrapbook whore, created the monster that she has become
even though she's better at it than i am
even though she was a size 4 and i looked like a complete OGRE standing next to her....
even though she curses like a sailor
and randomly blurts out things in my car like, "So, i have a problem with my pussy... cat that is..."
even though she is allergic to all fruits under the sun and i am a fanatic
even though i hated her when we met 14 years ago because she didn't stand up for herself
even though she watches TV 'round the clock and i can't stand it
even though she gets away without wearing makeup and still looks beautiful...
even though i will never know near as much about music and it's history as she does
even though she has gone to vegas several times without me...
even though she is my complete opposite -
she is one of my best friends...
and i love her
love that we've never fought
love that we can finish each other's sentences
love that we can recite movies to each other
love that i can call her and tell her something completely random and "horrific" and she will understand
love that when she hurts, i hurt
love that she has been a part of my life for this long
love that she's happy...
that she's loved
that she simply is....

this is my friend Amy


(and my favorite thing about her is that when i look into her eyes (or glasses) i can see ... myself! - look close, i'm in there with my turquoise shirt! woot!)

love ya girlie!

5 Comments:

At 9:33 PM , Blogger Amy said...

You made me cry, bitch! And of course it had to be the one time that I'm wearing makeup. LMAO! Thanks for all the great compliments and pointing out my biggest flaws! What's the point of having friends if they can't tell you that you have lipstick on your teeth? You're such an amazing friend! Thank YOU for all you've done!

 
At 8:02 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

LOL!!! Sounds like you two have a great friendship and loads of good times :) Nice to meet you Amy!

 
At 8:53 AM , Blogger Jen said...

I love that. I love best friends. And I love you too...have a MERRY CHRISTMAS Chris!!

 
At 11:34 AM , Blogger caroline said...

whoo hoo! :D

 
At 5:34 PM , Blogger Valerie said...

Best friends are the best!! Loved the post!!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home