Just As i Am...

11.25.2005

'tis the season...

it's already christmas time. i can hardly believe it! i haven't even started shopping and don't really anticipate doing it any time soon either. BAH HUMBUG!!

I'm still not over thanksgiving. Anyway...here are a few photos to help you understand why i am the way i am!

First of all... Grocery Shopping (as you can tell from my last post) is a chore for me. The best thing about it is that they have a parking space at the front of the lot especially for:

Image hosted by Photobucket.com awesome eh?? It's especially for us. Because the pregnant ones hate to waddle their kankles in the stores and the new ones simply become exhausted from pulling the car seat out. It's about time they realize that the handicaps should park elsewhere... they have to do NO work... they get to WHEEL themselves into the stores (please don't take offense... i am joking)!

I got to go to my first crop since moving back home this past weekend to help ease the stress of school and work and school and work... and oh yeah, i'm a mom too! And thank the lord above my son understands and fully supports the two loves in my life... Scrapbooking and Sex and the City.
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

My week has been pretty busy. I'm finally feeling like i have some sort of life and things are happening that don't happen 20 other times during the week. My friend that used to work with me at Olive Garden but took off to Lubbock (hey hey brynne!!) came back to town for the holidays. He called and we met up at the good ol' OG and ate dinner. He's such a sweetheart and a nice guy. So after wine samples, appetizers, food, dessert and countless jokes about my age - we said goodnight. It was so good to see him again! and if he ever finds this blog - J! i miss you and your picking on me. And i love you more than toilet paper. (AND HAPPY BIRTHDAY!)

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Now... it's Thanksgiving Day - and there are a few things that shouldn't be allowed to grace the table. Like fruit cake. Or... these suckers. Who the heck?? And this is just to prove how insane my family is....
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Chicken feet? Why? Who wants to eat that? And furthermore, HOW do you eat that? My cousin picked one up and started picking her nose with it. (and you wonder where i get it from...)

every family has one... ours has several.
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
yessir. He certainly makes the mullet look good. And our family look crazy.

My tHaNkS:

for so many things in my life. Even though i constantly complain and fail to see the bright side of anything... i am truly blessed in my life. I have a very loving family, wonderful friends, excellent hobby addictions, and ... great hair. (now if i would only wash and brush it once in a while...)

But on a serious note - i am thankful for this woman right here. The woman who i was afraid to say, "Mom, I'm pregnant" to because i thought she would reach through the phone and backhand me. The woman whose reaction to such news set the pace for my pregnancy when she said "Well, I'm excited!" The woman who called me three, four, twenty times a day with baby names over the course of nine months. The woman who flew to San Antonio to be with me after Laken was born. The one who opened her home and doors to us - the mini family - when i abruptly decided to move. The one who asks me with a sad look on her face "you're going to move?" when i tell her that i am looking for an apartment. The woman that loves my son so much that he's overwhelmed with it and can't help but squeal in delight when he sees her. The woman who thought emotion was a sign of weakness and that life is serious 100% of the time and now walks around saying "Shapes Colors Animals!" in a tiny Baby Einstein voice just to get my son to laugh. The one who understands me because she's been a single mom... she's been a child forced to grow up. She's been me... and i have turned into my mother. and for that, I am thankful!
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

I am thankful for my son. He is the reason that i can say "thanks" in the first place. He is the reason that i look at this world and think "wow, this isn't such a bad place after all." I am thankful that he inspires me to see things from a different and fresh light. That he can stare at a ceiling fan or oven knob forever and see so much in it. And i look at him - and i look at myself - and i look at this world and i'm in awe. I'm learning it all anew. I'm thankful that i've learned to take baby steps right along with him... That i know that there's so much out there to conquer but that right now, i just really need to focus on that cheerio in front of me... I'm thankful that despite such a complicated and often terrifying pregnancy - that i have a healthy little boy. And most of all, i'm thankful that he's happy. Thankful that he is constantly smiling and sticking his tongue out. Thankful that he's happy to be here when he really had no say in the matter... I'm thankful that he's been given to me. Thankful that i was chosen... CHOSEN!

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

9 Comments:

At 11:43 AM , Blogger caroline said...

i second ashley in saying you and your mama look alike
laken is sooooooo cute :)
love ya!

 
At 8:09 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

you and your mom could be sisters! such beautiful women! and how freaking cute is laken??? OMG, i just want to kiss his cute chubby cheeks!!!

 
At 1:34 PM , Blogger Vicki said...

What a sweet post! I love the pic of your family, I had to do a double take to make sure which was your mom.

 
At 10:08 AM , Blogger Valerie said...

Such a cutie your little boy is!! So happy you had an awesome thanksgiving!!

 
At 10:11 AM , Blogger Brynne said...

Great post. You and your mom DO look alike. I look nothing like my mom. Laken is adorable and so is your friend who lives here... :)

 
At 3:19 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Love, love, love your sweet photos! Glad your Thanksgiving was such a blast!

 
At 12:46 PM , Blogger island jen said...

OMG...Laken is getting so big..and he still has those pinchable cheeks!!

And you and your mom look like dam sisters!!

And I could have done without the chicken feet!

 
At 7:23 PM , Blogger TriciaNae said...

love that pic of the three of y'all. moms are great...she sounds a lot like how my mom was with megan. and I can't believe how big he is getting!!!

 
At 12:40 PM , Blogger tg said...

Great pictures! What a beautiful group. Your Mom sounds awesome.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home