Just As i Am...

11.02.2005

Regrets - I've Had a Few...

So i was tagged by Ashley to list my regrets. Sigh. This is almost as hard as finding things about myself that i find sexy. Honestly, i try not to have regrets. There are definitely things in my life that i wish i would have handled differently... so with that being said here is my "meme."

regret: noun) sorrow, regret, rue. sadness associated with some wrong done or some disappointment. verb) be sorry. feel remorse about.

Instructions:
1) Call the meme "Regrets - I've Had A Few"
2) Always refer (and link back) to the blogger who tagged you
3) Always tag (and link to) at least two new bloggers
4) List as many regrets as you like, but list a minimum of one (even if you have to re-interpret the term 'regret' because you feel strongly that you don't have any)
5) Include these five rules in each post as the meme instructions.

*************************** Regretting :

I regret eating that ice cream earlier today because i'm lactose intolerant and the drive home lasted for.ev.er!!
I regret going to the gym this morning for an hour and a half then eating Taco Bell for lunch.
I regret clipping my toe nails because one of them is super short now and makes my big toe look like a little stump - or little smokies sausage...
I regret meeting you cause you're a fake and a phony and i wish i'd never laid eyes on you!!!

*************************** Seriously :

I wish that I had provided Laken with a traditional family - a mom and a dad. That i had made better decisions that night last year. I don't regret it by any means and wouldn't take it back for the world. I just wish the circumstances were different. I wish i didn't have to ask someone to be his father. Ever.

I wish that I had left my marriage sooner than i did. When you realize that you don't want to be with someone, and that they are preventing you from living, breathing, *doing* - it's time to call it quits. But i rode that thing out. I went down with the ship. It really did nothing for me. My logic was "I'm not a quitter" but in the end... regardless if i had jumped ship or gone down with it... i still ended up in the same place. And it hurt just as bad two years later than it would've 6 months into the marriage. (Did i make any sense there?)

I wish that i had more self control and focus. that i could suck it all up and just be done with all the nonsense in my life. I don't like to say i have regrets because a regret to me is something that you are sorry for in your life. sorry that it happened. and i'm not going to apologize for anything in my life. not going to apologize for being a single mom or having a child out of wedlock. not going to apologize for being married and divorced. not going to apologize for those drunken nights that led to stories that start out "one time when i was drunk..." not going to apologize for all the stupid mistakes i've made in my life that have landed me in places where i don't belong. I'm not going to apologize or regret anything period because in doing so - i'm apologizing for who and/or what i am... and that ... i will certainly NOT DO!!!!

AmY, BrYnNe, JeSsIcA you are all it!!! And as kristi says, let this meme spread like a "case of herpes!"

4 Comments:

At 8:33 AM , Blogger Brynne said...

Sorry i don't feel like posting my regrets..... Today is Thursday have your phone by you tonight!

 
At 12:37 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Thanks for sharing your regrets with us girl. It's tough to face regrets and realities. Love the little comic twist you threw in there.

I just wanted to let you know that I didn't ever receive anything from you in the mail ... it must have gotten lost ... eek!

Oh and get on here more often, we miss you!!!

 
At 4:36 PM , Blogger island jen said...

Girl, I am in love with this post!! Awesome, awesome, awesome...i've totally thought the same thing to myself, I'd hate to think of anything in my life as a regret,b/c i don't want to apologize for what i do..i only hope that i've finally learned from it!!!

 
At 7:11 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Hope you don't mind me commenting on your blog entry, but something you said really struck a cord with me...

"not going to apologize for all the stupid mistakes i've made in my life that have landed me in places where i don't belong."

Oh Lord, I couldn't have put it better myself. Ending up in places where I don't belong...

This was an awesome post, thanks for sharing.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home