Just As i Am...

11.10.2005

can we get a little randomness??

so i've been in a funk. still am technically speaking.

first off - my gramma is doing well. She ended up having to have two stints put in her arteries. We were up at the hospital last night with her. She called right before her surgery and said she wanted to wake up to my son. How cute is that? So we took him up there. She got to see him, but we took him in there a second time, and they said "scuse me miss?? You can't bring babies back here. Too many germs and we don't want him exposed." I understand that whole concept and that it's more for my son's protection than anything. What doesn't make sense to me is aren't *i* exposed to the germs already? and in turn, don't i turn around and pass them to my son?? We'd been sitting in that hospital for hours! HOURS! (i'm no genious... but, seriously)

Now... on to the randomness...

** I'm flirting with the techie guy in our school's computer lab. He's such a good sport about it. We have a no food policy in here and he's munching down on some donuts. So i kindly reminded him of the rules. That i don't make them, just follow them. And then i asked him some questions about my missing itunes program! Told him no biggie that it erases itself every night so we don't get viruses. Then he says "so, basically, you just wanted to come give me a hard time?" and i said..."yeah! basically." and walked away saying something about really "just wanting a donut...."

** i'm a stuck up. i totally stuck my nose up in the air at someone carrying around a discman. c'mon buddy... God help the soul who walks around campus with a tape player.

** When i was in NYC a couple years ago, this lady asked me to take a picture of her and her significant other in front of the Christmas tree. I have a Digital Rebel hanging around my neck and she hands me her camera and says "you're not going to steal it are you?" and i look at this little camera she's put in my hands and say "it's a disposable camera." (i'm a camera snob too, apparently) WHY WOULD I STEAL A DISPOSABLE CAMERA?? is she blind? can she not see the ten pounder hanging from my body??

** Laken slept through the night last night. Thank you lord!

** For two weeks now i've successfully put my panties on correctly!

** I am a girl. And i collect ties. And i just realized i don't have a green one.

** My current quote over -------------> on the side is by George Bush. God, I love this man. Not because he runs our country, or because i think he's incapable of doing it... but because he, quite frankly, amuses the crap out of me! What's wrong with a boring kind of guy? I guess nothing.

** I am on a diet because i'm tired of being a fat ass... Then i went off and ate fast food THREE TIMES yesterday!

** Last night i was at work talking to one of the guys i am sorta interested in... we talk. We flirt occasionally. but it's all innocent. He has a girlfriend. and he mentions something about getting some new sweaters. I ask him where and he tells me and i say, "Oh! my sister works there..." and he says "who is your sister?" and i say... "Amanda" and he says "no way! that's my cousin!" WHAT?! and where the hell is the nearest exit so i can barf???

** Brynne and i were talking about the phrases we say all too often. Mine are " I guess, what?!, NEXT!, jerkface, jackhole," and my personal favorite "Seriously?"

** Raymond, called asking how to spell Laken's name so he could get it tattooed on his back. UGH! I'm kicking myself for spelling it correctly....

************** and now back to your regularly scheduled program

8 Comments:

At 8:42 AM , Blogger Brynne said...

LOL You SO should have told Laken's name was spelled like Lakin or Layken or something like that. HAHAHAHA SERIOUSLY ! Lastnight i was hanging out with some friends and this guy goes "I guess" JUST like you say it. I totally cracked up!

 
At 8:44 AM , Blogger Brynne said...

LOL oops. You should have told RAYMOND the wrong way to spell Laken's name. LOL i'm a dork.

Oh yeah Jeff is the one that his grandparents died.......

 
At 9:16 AM , Blogger Mad Munkey said...

Saw you on Hick's comments. Thought I'd drop by.

I'd stay and read your blog, but all that riot of color on black is hard to read for me, so just waving hello. :-)

 
At 10:08 AM , Blogger caroline said...

first off....i was in a funk the last couple of weeks, but i'm barely starting to come out of it, so i'm sure you will veeeerrryyy soon!

glad your gramma is doing well!

and you are toooo funny. you crack my ass up. lmao.

luv ya ;P

 
At 4:11 PM , Blogger island jen said...

LMAO...your randomness knocks my socks off!! I swear you could right a book about your randomness and it would fly off the shelves...

so ok...

your cousin? ugh!!!
tatooing a name? bad luck
fat ass? i think not!!

 
At 5:42 PM , Blogger tg said...

Arg to the name thing...I can't believe it...really I can't, ok yes I can but OMG!

 
At 6:54 AM , Blogger Jen said...

Raymond is an ASSBAG. Dumbest thing I've ever heard of, oh, excuse me Mr. tatoo Artist, i have to call my sons Mother to find out how to spell his name before you put it on my body. But I'm a good, loving caring father, can't you tell how DEVOTED i am to him with this permanent etching of ihm onto my body?? BLECH. Yuck.

And we can not be friends any longer...you said something nice about George Bush. Booooo

Love, J

 
At 10:13 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

Happy to hear your granny is doing well :D The cousin story is my fave today ... "WHAT? and where the hell is the nearest exit so I can barf?!" Hahahaha.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home