Just As i Am...

10.04.2005

random me...

i've had a crazy weekend. including:
-a run in with baby daddy. our mutual friend was celebrating her birthday and he was there. we danced alot. had some chic grab me by the arm, look me up and down, and ask "you're ray's baby momma??" and i'm thinking, i'm about to smack this bitch up!
-getting into an argument with my, now, *EX* and his "ex" girlfriend who i happen to work with at Olive Garden... (what a tangled web we weave)
-finding out my new ex just got fired from his job! (although, i'm not too upset about that one)
-spending hours on the phone with the tech support for iPod. why is it that i'm the only one of us that is having difficulties? it just randomly deleted 800+ songs. Three days after calling iPod and listening to them tell me that they don't know what happened, "Thanks for calling" - my genius mind has figured it out. and i'm back.... in the saddle again!

but the good:
- i got my new ring from James Avery to add to my growing collection.
- i just put Gwen in my pod... and on my video Code. i kinda always knew i'd end up his ex girlfriend.
-i went to the LSS and bought myself a shload of stuff that i absolutely didn't need. but i made up for it with a shopping spree at Target to balance my splurges with Laken's splurges. (he got new blocks, bowls, bibs, shoes, and some other little goodies (mainly new foods to try). Having this little boy is such a blessing!)

things i don't understand:
- how the scrapbook store has managed to run out of Basic Grey. and then i realized that all the stuff that Missy comes up with is to blame for the shortage of paper. So i ask, could you spare me some BG? my friend amy says to me "you're probably the reason they're out here in the first place!" and i look at my little collection, and think "maybe!"
-organic chemisty. nuf said.
-why i am so humored by the fact that the new free iTunes for this week is a song called "high" by James Blunt. is that irony???
-why my friend amy (who's iPod i linked to mine to triple my library) has every song the Beatles ever sang????

horrible things:
- my mom picked laken up for me yesterday since my work schedule has changed to 7pm. and she forgot to bring MY car seat home with her. woke up this morning to get him in the car. no seat. and where's hers??? in her car... at her job! ack. What do you do? i HAD to get into town. so i put laken between two pillows in the front seat of my car with me and prayed that the back roads into town wouldn't be populated by potential road kill. so glad he's there safe now...
-i have an organic chemistry test next monday and my super job won't let me off for it without an occurence. well, peace love and chicken grease, this job will NOT come before my test. no way. no how!
- my little cousin Megan wrecked her new camaro. she's distraught. (man i love that word). she's a senior this year. was driving down the road and some jackhole drove in front of her. she swerved to miss hitting him, but almost hit a pedestrian so she swerved the other way, then drove her car into a fence. TOTALED her car. worse than that?? since she didn't actually *hit* the other guy, even though he was ticketed, she can't get his insurance to pay for it. She only has liability on her car since it was paid off...
- i played volleyball in junior high/high school/ occasionally since then. and hated to be SETTER. hate it. i would always jam my fingers. one of them is still jammed from an 8th grade incident. i can't pop that finger or bend it very well. Anyway... i tell my instructor today (during our game) "I don't want to be setter" and she puts me there anyway. so i bump set the entire time and then at one point, my stupid self decides i can set. so i do. and... my thumb is now jammed and black and bruised.
-i'm here... updating my blog when i should really be doing school work. so off i go. and i promise my birthday pics will make it up here soon.

10 Comments:

At 5:40 PM , Blogger Missy said...

I am the reason for the BG shortage!? that had me cracking up.

That was quite a lengthy and random post my dear- LOVED IT.

you are so sweet and such a good mom and such a braniac!

 
At 7:07 PM , Blogger Jill said...

i'm so sorry you hurt your thumb! :( ow!

 
At 12:55 AM , Blogger Jessica O'Brien said...

Thanks for sweet b-day wishes below. You and the girls made it my best ever. Seriously. My BEST EVER :)

I like your totally random mix-up of a post. Sorry your ipod is freaking out on you- mine has been smooth sailing though ITunes pisses me off sometimes!

xo

 
At 7:31 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

I'm so happy that you got your postcard on time :D I LOVE Gwen :) Lee bought me tickets to see her in December ... but shhhhh, I'm not supposed to know that yet :D I so need to go on a scrap supplies spree, the BG story had my cracking up!!! Hope your exam goes well :D

P.S. I'll let you know when I get your little surprise in the mail :) thanks girl, you are such a sweetie!

 
At 12:24 PM , Blogger island jen said...

heeehee..love your random blogging...so let's see...

1. I was wondering where all the BG went!!

2. How much is a schload anyway?

3. You are never allowed to have buyers remorse if you turn around and shop for other people at Target! Especially for the little man!!

4. Volleyball, I've never been good at that sport, or any sport really!!

5. I'm still jealous you have an Ipod and I don't...I swear I will be the last person on earth who owns one....High...Blunt...lol!!

 
At 8:11 AM , Blogger Brynne said...

That sucks about the drama that's been going on latley. I think you and i should have our own soap opera. I updated just for you! Call me later girl!

 
At 5:45 PM , Blogger caroline said...

well....my LSS only has OLD BG if that makes you feel any better. pshaw. Many she'll get new stuff, now. haha.

BTW I sent you a card. Tell me when you get it, kay?

 
At 6:32 PM , Blogger TriciaNae said...

i love james avery. i could buy everything in that store...it's all so pretty.

 
At 9:07 AM , Blogger Jen said...

You, my love, sound like you need a break. Or at least I would if I were you. Copy off April and spend a drama, work, school free day in pjs vegging out on the couch. K???

 
At 10:32 AM , Blogger Brynne said...

Where's the update for today ?? I NEED the update! :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home