Just As i Am...

10.18.2005

oh, hmmmmmph.

first off, did you love my little audio post below? that was so much fun and will probably eliminate my need to type on this thing when i've got something stupid i need to bring to everyone's attention!

second... at Brynne-jamin's request... i have updated because she wants me to tell a story that, once again, can only happen to me.

So i had to join in on the whole dieting thing because if i'm not careful, people will start asking me how far along i am... and what am i having? So my friend and mostly partner in crime, Amy, went to the gym yesterday morning. i was running on the tread mill when i saw this hunky LL Cool J look alike and thought, man he looks familiar, and then BAM!!!! Fell off the treadmill! Caught myself on the railing but nonetheless totally made a spectacle of myself. Amy looks over, "WTF?" and my mom (who just happened to be at the gym at the same time) is there too. Turns out, that little hottie was my first love. My high school boyfriend.

Meet Ray. The first time i saw him i was walking out of my Economics class my sophomore year in high school, and effin' ran *right into the wall* - knocking myself flat on my ass and papers flew everywhere. He came over to help. I was embarrased. Then we were together. And i loved this guy. Lost myself to him (if you know what i mean) and will always love him. ALWAYS!

so moving back and knowing that he had moved back into town, gotten married, had children, and now works at some spectacular job made me nervous. Was i going to run into him? and if i did, was i going to shat myself? so i've been nervous. nervous that he and his white picket fence family would come into Olive Garden and i would be the chump waitress. explain that? nervous that the day would come where i would see him. And there it is. Yesterday morning at the gym as i was rounding one mile on the tread and pfffft! there he is in all his glory. i wanted to die. wanted to crawl under a rock. wanted to be skinnier most of all.

he's there with (who i am assuming is) his wife. she's cute. hmph. and i want to talk to him. want to talk to him and see if he ... i dunno. but i didn't. but somehow managed to walk in front of him and trip over absolutely nothing on the carpet! it was horrible and amy just shook her head.

so again i ask... How. and WHY? why me. i wasn't prepared for this. never could've been. but sheesh... did it have to be at the time when i am my most skankiest, stinky, self? i don't think he recognized me. don't think he even realized i burnt a whole in the back of his head from staring so much...

maybe one day he'll go to the gym alone and i can say hi. or just sit there... I all of a sudden feel very Harry from When Harry Met Sally when he says "in a city of 8 million people, you're bound to run into your ex." at least i wasn't singing Surry With a Fringe on Top. but i *did* fall off the treadmill. so, which is worse?

8 Comments:

At 9:22 AM , Blogger tg said...

OMG! That is a crazy story. I live in a smallish town and have had the uncomfortable pissing contest type encounters but hopefully you can laugh about this. I am sure it'll be fun to chat with him under better circumstances.

 
At 9:46 AM , Blogger Jessica O'Brien said...

you klutz!!!
just kidding! Hey atleast you got all your trips and falls out on a day he didn't see. Now when you run into him next time you'll be all composed and have had a few more workouts! hehe

Hey- I just thought 'now thats a good motivation to work out!' :) Funny how you are living so close to him again.

 
At 11:21 AM , Blogger Brynne said...

I am glad you updated just for me :) I feel special! Sorry you fell off the treadmill hopefully next time you'll be able to talk to him! Hope you have a great day!

 
At 5:54 PM , Blogger island jen said...

OMG girl! You are too much!! You seriously fell off the treadmill?! You are so stinking cute I can't take it!
You have me rolling over here! I totally know what you mean about the ex thing..Im always wondering if I'll run into my ex around town...thank goodness I haven't!!

 
At 8:29 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

Oh my gosh girl, you have the funniest stories. What are the odds that he'd go to the same gym as you?! Geez.

 
At 9:44 AM , Blogger Missy said...

only you, C... only you.
I LOVE YOUR KLUTZINESS :)

you are the cutest.
and so not skanky or fat ;)

 
At 5:47 PM , Blogger Raina* said...

To answer your question....soo sorry to say this but falling off the treadmill is worse.

But if he didn't notice and recognize you, it's all good.

 
At 4:50 PM , Blogger Jill said...

your blog always makes me laugh! :P i am so clumsy, so this sounds like something that would totally happen to me. i once got "stuck" at the bottom of an escalator and fell flat on my face, right in front of a hot college (now NFL!) football player!! the book u write one day- full of all ur "only me" stuff-is gonna be the funniest best sellers ever!!! :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home