Just As i Am...

9.01.2005

an apple a day....

will totally break my bank!

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

i did it! i can't belive i'm an iPod owner. and an actual iPod too!!!

so a few fresh new things in my life...

New School Year
New Guy
New Bank Account Balance well above the minimum to keep it open!
and a new flippin' iPod. and i named HIM "Supah Lovah!"

i broke down and got it because well, i had been working return mail at work and sitting there in the midst of click click click of the computer keyboards all around is NEVER fun. so i drown it out with my mp3 player. but my little baby only held 50-60 songs. so, i did it. I went with mr. man - my new boy toy who is absolutely amazing to Best Buy and stood there staring blankly at the iPod section. QB (that's his name for safety reasons) wanted me to get the mini but i said, "for 50 more bucks, i can get 16 more Gs!" and he said "true" so that was that... and then he gave me a sweet little kiss and held me as i handed the lady my debit card.

then he took me to eat and i rushed home to load some songs. i'm so stoked! and i never use the word "stoked."

I just went and added all of my music library that i've downloaded since i discovered pirating - and please don't freak - i make up for it in cd's AND DVDs!!!

songs that are rockin' my iPod right now - and TOTALLY define me as an "all kinds of music" lover:

Mother Mother - Tracy Bonham
Objection - Shakira
Seven - Prince
HellaGood - No Doubt
Boys Don't Cry - the Cure
Work It - Missy Elliot
Cheer's Darlin' - Damien Rice - who rocks ass so pleeeeeeeease look him up!

there are 688 songs in here thus far - i shouldn't list them all...

and then there are songs that make me stop and scratch my head but then i immediately toss it back in laughter:

Poor Unfortunate Souls - Little Mermaid Soundtrack
Copa Cabanana - Barry Manilow
Bad Phone Sex - Chris Rock (you MUST listen to this)
a plethora of christmas music, including Cheech and Chong
Footloose - Kenny Loggins
Ice Ice Baby - Vanilla Ice
Barbie Girl - Aqua
a couple of Spice Girls songs
and then of course, the hang-my-head-in-shame-and-secret-glee New Kids on the Block!

and now i'm off to blog your blogs and read my modules for speech and life wellness. i have a great weekend planned so far. I actually work 90% of it but i AM going to spend some QT with QB and just stare giddily off into space.....

sorry i have failed to remain a member of the "No ipod" club.... i still love you though jen!

10 Comments:

At 1:51 PM , Blogger Jen said...

Yeah, you better apologize, I was just sitting here thinking....damn her. DAMN CHRISELDA!!!!!! {he he}

I love the Little mermaid sdtrck. , we can be dorks together too!!

Your phone call is coming sweetums, I promise. Proably next Friday night?? I'm going out of town tomorrow till Tuesday, then a busy week. Are you working?? And what time zone are you in??

Congrats chickie, happy you got one, hopefully I won't be too far behind!!

 
At 1:56 PM , Blogger Jessica O'Brien said...

I need an IPod. Am I the only person left on earth without one? Cause really thats how it feels sometimes! I have a feeling thats what I'm getting from my parents for my upcoming b-day so I think I can manage holding out 1 month longer.

Isn't Damien Rice's music great? He's so yummy :)

 
At 2:44 PM , Blogger Amber said...

i love your style.....

 
At 4:05 PM , Blogger tg said...

I still am MP3 player~less. My husband is dying for one but I need to be the purchaser cause computer tech gadgets are my territory. Maybe I'll surprise him...

 
At 6:27 PM , Blogger Brynne said...

I want one!!!! Why didn't you buy me one ?? I'll buy you scrapbooking supplies from Memory bucket if you buy me an ipod, deal? Yeah didn't think so.
I love The Little Mermaid songs!!

 
At 12:44 AM , Blogger kristina contes said...

Horray! And your musical selections are rocking my world! I wish we lived near eachother so we could dance around in cars to Little Mermaid.

God I love you.

 
At 4:21 PM , Blogger Vicki said...

I just wish they made the "real" ones in pink! Someday I'll have one. I'm just so darn cheap. Yaay on the new boy toy :)

 
At 7:26 PM , Blogger island jen said...

Fine...leave me to be the only person on flippin' earth to not have a dam Ipod!! Even my mother has an IPOD!! Dam you people with your IPODS!! And then you named it...hold on what was it...supa lovah? I know that's wrong but you get it!!!

And new man!! Hmmm...new baby, new IPOD, new man... dam girl...you are on a roll!!

 
At 11:57 PM , Blogger caroline said...

OH! You lucky thang!

 
At 8:22 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Damien rice does ROCK ASS :)
I agree girl!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home