Just As i Am...

7.28.2005

thank the LORD!

i finally have my very own MAN COMMENT. i know there are at least two males that read my blog (or they're supposed to be... bradley!) and i finally get a man comment. so i'm really excited today and just jumpin' around that my audience spans two genders. (are there more than two?)

right now:

i'm listening to Damien Rice because he rocks ass. Anyone heard of Amos Lee? he toured with Norah Jones last year and he's pretty sweet too.

i'm thinking more than ever about life. love. hopes. dreams. life. love. and i'm not coming up with anything new. just same old stuff that i thought about it before. only this time i'm wondering if i want to be a part of all that mooshy stuff.

i'm thankful for PopTarts and Doritos for without them, i would starve to death.

i'm wishing i had my own car back. Mine is still in the shop from the time that my cousin's husband backed into it. i miss my standard

i'm hoping that i just bought the winning lottery ticket

i'm reading "The Purpose Driven Life," "What to Expect the First Year," and "Me Talk Pretty One Day" by David Sedaris. This is not an intellectual book. (so far) I have all of mine packed up. I like anything from confessions of serial killers, to sappy cheesy romance novels, to comedies by Laurie Notaro, and sometimes i'll get a serious book just to make me look intelligent (lord knows i need all the help i can get there!)

i'm wondering where i get time to do all the things i do in a given day. For example - i read about two million blogs every morning, work, am a full time mommy, avid photographer, scrapbooker, I read magazines like mad, still watch my corny Spanish Soap Opera every evening, participate on a daily Two Peas thread, send cards like crazy, and read my books. I have piles of stuff everywhere. I have a pile of Scrapbook mags and books in the loo. Seems to be where i find comfort: the tub or just simply on the pot itself. I constantly carry around a bag of mags that i find inspiration in - whether it's color, topic, sketch, or article. I have about four baby blankets in my back seat, a pair of Laken's shoes in the front floorboard and about two cups full of sunflower seed shells. And i wonder, wonder where time is, where i get it from. how do i achieve this balance? (ooooooh, LO coming on!)

and then i realize that there are things that aren't getting done, like: Laundry, daily devotionals, showers. haha! Seriously, i don't know how everything is getting done and why i'm not FLIPPIN' OUT about the things that aren't....

7 Comments:

At 1:24 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

because there's tons of time to do that stuff ... laundry can wait blogging cannot.

 
At 4:33 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great, now I want pop tarts! Thanks a lot! I've received a few comments from men on my blog, it's always surprising! And by the way, I got your card today and it made me laugh! It's adorable and I love it. Thank you!

 
At 4:41 PM , Blogger kristina contes said...

mmm.....pop tarts.

Ya know, I've been wondering the same thing...with all these new blogs I keep adding to my faves, all these swaps and general scrap stuff going on, my chores are seriously suffering.

But instead of cleaning or scrapping or blogging, I lay on the couch and watch OnDemand movies. I am the epitome of LAZINESS. Send some of that balance my way!!

 
At 7:00 PM , Blogger Jen said...

I'll have to check out Amos Lee, I love my NOra. Is he anything like her??

I feel ya on balance, not getting anything done. I have a hard time too, but then I think too myself (when I feel guilty) that if I wasn't scrapping/blogging/shopping I'd be miserable. So then what would a clean house matter anyway?? I'd rather not look back at the end of my life and say "I was responsible". Blech.

 
At 7:55 PM , Blogger Missy said...

I'm right there with ya... my house looks like a cyclone hit.

But Damn! I am happy :)

 
At 10:27 PM , Blogger Amber said...

don't flip...it doesn't work!!!
doritos are top priority and damien rocks ass!!! I like depressing music....don't ask me why...i just do....

 
At 11:51 AM , Blogger caroline said...

you watch novelas eh? teehee.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home