Just As i Am...

7.17.2005

just another manic sunday....

so there is a Jehovah's Witness convention in town and they apparently TOTALLY DIG the olive garden. ugh. when is the rest of the world gonna catch up with me and realize that OG is like the "tex-mex" Italian food?? i know i shouldn't diss the place i work... but if it wasn't for the tips, i wouldn't be workin' there!

and speaking of tips... lemme just say that if i EVER hear of any of you tippin' your server less than 15% i'll hunt your asses down. i barely make bupkis an hour, and my scrawny ass paycheck has to pay the taxes for the tips that i DO get! and i'm talking a $23 check every week. and that's 36 hours too baby! hell ya, i'm gonna live large on that!

so the other night, i'm waiting on these people, FIVE of them. and their ticket is $43.40... they didn't have to ask for more drinks, salad, bread... NOTHING! and they flippin' left me 60 cents!!!! WTF?! they paid with a credit card and fled the scene of the crime before i came back out. JACK HOLES!!! i was super pissed. I didn't even charge them for their sorry ass tip. obviously, they need the money more than i do.

***** on the brighter side... i just wanna say thank you if you update your blog because it really does make my day go by. to know that there are such wonderful, talented... REAL people out there in this world is just such a great feeling.

so keep on postin' because i keep on readin'!

~~ me

6 Comments:

At 5:26 PM , Blogger caroline said...

60 cents?! what assholes. we left no tip once, but that was cuz service was terrible...i mean we'd ask for something and wait forever and see the waiter standing and chatting with another waiter and we were like WTF.

 
At 9:00 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm a Macaroni Grill fan myself.... but I'm a good tipper!! By the way it was good to talk to ya today. Thanks for letting me finally spill my "boy" (LOL) situation to someone!

 
At 9:29 AM , Blogger Jen said...

I waited tables at Applebee's for 7 years, I feel your pain. And ditto on the tipping thing, come on you cheap asses!!!

Also, I HATE the Olive Garden. There's only one anywhere near where I live and people act like it's Wolfgang Pucks or something, blech.

 
At 7:29 PM , Blogger Amber said...

60 effing cents? i'm with you dude...i would have followed them to their car!!! what jerks!!! I always tip big. I've been there done that and know how hard it is.

 
At 9:27 PM , Blogger Meghan said...

Seriously I don't think people are educated about tipping. I didn't really understand it myself until my friend told me all about tipping and how people get so screwed. Now we always give good tips! Seriously.

 
At 6:15 AM , Blogger kristina contes said...

Sorry I haven't posted in a bit, I'm out there in the trenches w/ ya!!! But 60 cents??? Even as a fellow indentured servant that sounds pretty bad. But then, the OG is a very cheap kind of place...that's how the Outback was when i worked there. WT, all the way. I eat at these places, but you know what I'm getting at overall. I feel your pain. And in NY it's 20 percent...so if any of you come to visit, dig deep! lol.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home