Just As i Am...

6.23.2005

pastor dan just asked me out...

ok... so it wasn't pastor dan. and i didn't get asked out by a pastor... but close. So our church has this breakfast they serve before you go to sunday school class (we're a really small church), so i'm sitting there eating my biscuits and gravy when my pastor walks up to me and sits down. He's fairly young - mid 30s. He's holding his father's day card... and says, "Chriselda, do you want to meet a grrreat guy?" So i think he's gonna open the card and show me some popbelly grandpa - and i say, "Is it you?" To which he responds with, "I'm MARRIED!" I'm completely lost by now and he says, "THAT kinda meet." So i giggle, i feel like a total jackass.

So he starts going on about this guy, who i will refer to as "Jeremy" (because that's his real name). Tells me all of his stats basically and says that he had asked him about me because he saw me talking to my Pastor. Well, last week the men at the church went on a camping trip and my DAD went. So Pastor Dan says that my dad knows him and likes him, yada yada. Pastor Dan says, "Now chriselda, i was straight to the point with him- i said 'Would you ever marry a girl with a child?'" and i about spit sausage gravy on him! WHY?! why would he ask someone that? but apparently, Jeremy doesn't have an issue with it ( I guess you were right amber). So Pastor Dan goes on to tell me that he's shy and will probably not approach me but pth, if a guy can't come and talk to me... forget it!

So last night we're at church (and yes they feed us) and i'm waiting for the line to go down before i go to get my food. It's gone, so i leave laken in his car seat on the table (oh hush it! he was sleeping!) and go get my food. When i come back, Jeremy's sitting in front of his car seat. i said, "you took my spot!" he apologizes, but doesn't move... so i had to cram my fat-just-had-a-baby-arse between him and the next guy. But no introduction, he didn't talk to me... nothing. so i dunno what the deal is there...

meanwhile, i think my pastor needs to realize he's not Chuck Woolery.

3 Comments:

At 7:24 PM , Blogger island jen said...

uuuhhh...i think you're right..Pastor Dan is not Chuck Woolery...so 'Jeremy' seriously didn't talk to you?

 
At 9:08 PM , Blogger Amber said...

are you sure his name was "jeremy".....LOL. that is great stuff right there. I told u dudes like girls w/ babies....hee hee. what a doofus for not talking to you though...tell him to grow some balls.

 
At 6:06 AM , Blogger island jen said...

lol..omg Amber..tell her how you really feel!! You are too funny girl!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home