Just As i Am...

6.28.2005

mommy goggles...

please keep your nasty comments to yourself. i love my son very much and you'll often hear me say that i can't believe i made it this long without him. So anything that you ever hear me say in reference to my son that will make you crinkle your brow and want to send me nasty emails because you can't believe HOW MEAN I AM - is all in fun. so shut it! I am never serious about stupid comments or names i give my son like "booger" or "turd"...

with that being said:

When i was pregnant i kept hoping that i wouldn't get "Mommy Goggles" which is similar to what i had when i got pregnant in the first place (Beer Goggles). So i keep having flashbacks of "A Baby Story" where mom's see their babies and think they are just the most beautiful thing in the world and in reality, people are just lying to you about how "cute he is!" so i was afraid that when he was born, i would have these Mommy goggles and the world around me would be referring me to their eye doctors! The only pretty baby i have seen was my cousin Lucy's. We joke with her telling her that he was so cute when he was born and we didn't have to lie about it!

anyway, i have the most beautiful baby in the world. but the minute he was born, i was like "please switch him in the nursery." he had these big ol' cheeks, a mass of curls on his head, and hair all over his back (flippin' monkey) - in short, he wasn't very cute! and it's okay, i'm fine with that because now that his swelling is down he's much cuter! (plus he's grown into his head!)

so daily i goo and gaa at my son because i can't get over how frickin' beautiful he is! and then there are times like these...

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

when he makes ugly faces like he's constantly constipated or just plain disgusted with living already! (he must get that from me) These are the moments when i think, "Do i have Mommy Goggles? Is my son actually ugly and i'm just not aware of it??"

but... my son redeems himself everyday when he smiles at me!

so keep your nasty comments to yourself! i may have mommy goggles but i'm proud of it!!!

4 Comments:

At 7:56 AM , Blogger kristina contes said...

Lmao...you don't have mommy goggles, he's cute even when he is making pissed off faces.

And stay away from that booze, we don't want any more "terds" running around just yet.

 
At 9:57 AM , Blogger island jen said...

lmao...that pic of him is too cute...i want to pinch his little cheeks...babies can be cute even when they're pissy! heehee

 
At 8:47 AM , Blogger Amber said...

omg girl....mommy goggles? I've never heard of the term, but I have heard of the way of thinking. YOU DO NOT HAVE THEM. He is gorgeous in every way.
You are an amazing mama...I feel it.

 
At 4:08 PM , Blogger Meghan said...

Funny funny! I think he is beautiful! I love that mess of hair..Funny post!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home