Just As i Am...

6.07.2005

all for nothing!!!

do you ever think that you're a little too excited about something? that the cliche that it's "too good to be true" is... well, TRUE??

so i got this awesome job working for an insurance company, show up for work monday morning (after going through the angst of leaving my baby behind at the sitter's) and BAH! i get fired. well, i was never officially *hired* because they can't hire me because i have (gasp!) bad credit!!!

what?!

what does that have to do with anything? and they say "it's because it tells us about your character!" character my ass! you know NOTHING about me from the way i pay my bills... and hey, life happens people! Divorce happens, unplanned pregnancies!!! and sometimes bills take a back seat to life!!!

anyway, i got all dressed up yesterday morning, drove to the sitter's house, dropped laken off and thought i was gonna cry - but didn't. i get to work, sit through training for an hour, then they tell me... so i go back home. and sleep for the rest of the day!

so i've spent the entire day updating my resume and trying to think of every residence, traffic violation, etc... that have taken place in the last 7 years. what?! all for an interview i have tomorrow afternoon. this is for the electric company that i worked for before i moved to San Antonio five years ago. why can't they just look at my HR file and rehire me?! ugh!

and amber, if you're reading this and since you work in HR, what does credit have to do with it? and how is this NOT discrimination?!

let me get off my soap box now...

4 Comments:

At 10:18 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Girl I am so sorry to hear about your stress. Life changes are so hard. I hope the next interview went well. It will all work out! Keep your chin up!

 
At 4:54 PM , Blogger Amber said...

girl, I have NEVER heard of a company hiring based on credit reports. That would personally piss me off?! How in the hell did they get a copy of your credit report anyways? Did you sign something for them to look this information up? That seems quite fishy to me. I'm going to ask someone that I know, who is a little more qualified than I am about this...it really is bothering me. Keep your chin up, if they are that shitty of a company, you would not have wanted to work for them anyways. I owe you an email..I promise I am getting to it girly. hugs to you and to little Laken.

 
At 12:53 PM , Blogger Cynthia said...

That's the strangest thing I've ever heard! It's probably good you don't work for that company anyway! Hrmph!

 
At 12:53 PM , Blogger Cynthia said...

That's the strangest thing I've ever heard! It's probably good you don't work for that company anyway! Hrmph!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home